Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1) - Page 5 - Beta Firmware and Drivers - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#81 sueasm

sueasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hi Chris, I upgraded  to 4.3 and I got a problem I want to use OutputPort and pwm in same pins. but when i dispose pwm and the netduino puls will missing.

Kenny.

code :

PWM motor= new PWM(PWMChannels.PWM_PIN_D9, 500, 0.5, true);

motor.DutyCycle = 0.5; motor.Frequency = 100; motor.Start();

Thread.Sleep(1000);

motor.Stop(); motor.Dispose(); OutputPort pwmOut = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9, false);

for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++)   {   pwmOut.Write(true);   Thread.Sleep(10);   pwmOut.Write(true);   Thread.Sleep(10);   }

#82 neographikal

neographikal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

JJJ -- we don't recommend using beta firmware for production projects. Until NETMF 4.3 QFE1 ships, you'll want to stick with the production 4.2 SDK and firmware. Chris

Well, the world is moving on, VS2012 is mainstream and 2013 is now released. With 10 months of no development and hardly any attention at all I'm beginning to feel I've bought the wrong device and I regret it. A shame, it wasn't that cheap at all although it definitely has it good points. But without updates for almost a year now it's beginning to really really suck.

Why don't you release a beta 2 with the latest .net 4.3 and new iwp stack?

#83 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Hi neographikal,

Why don't you release a beta 2 with the latest .net 4.3 and new iwp stack?

The current beta is running the latest .NET MF 4.3 release (.NET MF 4.3 RTM). We usually move pretty quickly to support the latest and greatest. Once .NET MF 4.3 QFE1 is released, we'll be pushing out a new beta pretty quickly. The differences between 4.2 and 4.3 are pretty minor, since most of the new 4.3 features actually got pushed into .NET MF 4.2 QFE2. And the latest production Netduino 4.2 firmware is built on top of that. Chris

#84 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hi Kenny,

but when i dispose pwm and the netduino puls will missing.

What is the code doing on your board? What was the expected result? Chris

#85 JoopC

JoopC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hi neographikal, The differences between 4.2 and 4.3 are pretty minor, since most of the new 4.3 features actually got pushed into .NET MF 4.2 QFE2. And the latest production Netduino 4.2 firmware is built on top of that. Chris

Chris, neographikal ment the bug in the network stack, the netduino hangs when internet goes down. That's what i discovered at the begin of this year (did explain it with a movie). I really hope it is solved  with the QFE1.

#86 emg

emg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

I echo JoopC's request and [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]neographikal sentiment. [/color]

#87 jamidon

jamidon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Question regarding the ADC support in the upcoming firmware for NP2, has it changed much?

My problem is that when you read an analog input that has ground applied, it doesn't consistently read as 0.  In fact, it can return a value as high as 10, simply grounded to the board's ground.  That would indicate there is a source of noise causing this phenomenon.  In an application note, http://www.st.com/st.../DM00050879.pdf STMicro indicates that:

It is recommended to configure the STM32F2/F4 ART with data cache + Instruction 
cache enable and to disable the prefetch. This will avoid extra CPU accesses to the 
Flash memory causing an additional noise which can significantly decrease the ADC 
accuracy in some applications.

When looking at the 4.2.2 firmware and PK sources, I don't see anything in the code that would indicate this is being done.  I'm guessing the cache is the source of the noise.

Will this be addressed in the upcoming firmware?

#88 Cuno

Cuno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationZürich / Switzerland

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hi Chris, I upgraded  to 4.3 and I got a problem I want to use OutputPort and pwm in same pins. but when i dispose pwm and the netduino puls will missing.

... motor.Dispose(); OutputPort pwmOut = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9, false);

NETMF has several bugs in the code for the disposal of hardware resources. We corrected them for our Mountaineer 4.3 release, but sometimes a workaround is possible with older code: does the problem disappear if after motor.Dispose() and before opening the new OutputPort, you call Debug.GC.Collect(true)? This lets the garbage collector force a finalization of disposable objects, which sometimes solves the problem.

Cuno

#89 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

jamidon -- we can take a look at that option. Cuno -- the disposal bugs you patched in your project...were they done in managed or native code? Checked back into the NETMF trunk? If there's a specific bug we'd be happy to investigate and fix it on this side and contribute it to the core--or update with existing community updates. Chris

#90 Kip

Kip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

Any news about QFE1?

Wouldn't be possible to release the beta source? Or at least 4.2.2.2's source (the one based on 4.2 QFE2)

#91 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

Hi Kip, I sat down with the program manager for NETMF in Seattle two weeks ago, to discuss progress on NETMF 4.3 QFE1. QFE1 is getting closer; we're all pretty excited to move over the NETMF 4.3 core. Speaking of 4.3...we have a few surprises in store, once NETMF 4.3 QFE1 ships. We've been busy this year, especially in the software department. Quite a few community members have been contributing behind the scenes too. We should have lots of love and kudos to share in the near future. Chris

#92 Kip

Kip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Great news :D Can't wait for 4.3 :)

#93 JJJ

JJJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hi Kip, I sat down with the program manager for NETMF in Seattle two weeks ago, to discuss progress on NETMF 4.3 QFE1. QFE1 is getting closer; we're all pretty excited to move over the NETMF 4.3 core. Speaking of 4.3...we have a few surprises in store, once NETMF 4.3 QFE1 ships. We've been busy this year, especially in the software department. Quite a few community members have been contributing behind the scenes too. We should have lots of love and kudos to share in the near future. Chris

GREAT! News.

Can't wait.....

#94 Pyt

Pyt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a very small web server on a NetDuino plus 2, with v4.3.0 beta 1. The server just displays a single page when hit with any request. The first request works fine. The second one also, but then I get a System.NullReferenceException in System.Http.dll. This exception seems to be triggered completely out of my code, because I cannot catch it anywhere, not in any thread, and not in Main, nor does it report any call stack involving my code. 

Any idea ?

(code follows; the static WebServer.Run() method is called from Main -- not reproduced here --- after making sure the board has an IP address.)

Thx,

Pyt.

public static class WebServer {        #region Properties and fields        //////private Socket _socket = null;        private static readonly NetworkInterface _netIf = NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()[0];        private const string _c_httpPrefix = "http";        private static Queue _contextQueue = new Queue();        #endregion        #region Methods        /// <summary>        /// The web server's main routine.        /// </summary>        public static void Run() {            HttpListener listener = new HttpListener(_c_httpPrefix);            while (true) {                try {                    if (!listener.IsListening) listener.Start();                    // Whenever a request comes in, we queue the context, start a                     // new thread to handle the request, and go back to listening for                    // more requests. Several threads may thus be started in parallel                    // which will each be handling an incoming request.                    HttpListenerContext context = listener.GetContext(); // blocks until incoming request                    lock (_contextQueue) _contextQueue.Enqueue(context);                    Thread th = new Thread(new ThreadStart(_requestHandlerProc));                    th.Start();                } catch (InvalidOperationException) {                    listener.Stop();                    Thread.Sleep(200);                } catch (ObjectDisposedException) {                    listener.Start();                } catch {                    Thread.Sleep(200);                }            }        }        private static void _requestHandlerProc() {            HttpListenerContext context = null;            try {                lock (_contextQueue) context = (HttpListenerContext)_contextQueue.Dequeue();                if (context != null) {                    switch (context.Request.HttpMethod.ToUpper()) {                        case "GET":                            _processClientGetRequest(context);                            break;                        //////case "POST": ProcessClientPostRequest(context); break;                    }                }            } catch (Exception ex) {                Utils.DebugPrintException(ex, "_requestHandlerProc");            } finally { if (context != null) context.Close(); }        }        private static void _processClientGetRequest(HttpListenerContext context) {            Debug.Print("Request URL: " + context.Request.RawUrl);            Debug.Print("Request Headers:");            Debug.Print(context.Request.Headers.ToString());            //Compose a response            StringBuilder sbResp = new StringBuilder("<html><header><title>Energlass gateway</title></header><body><b>");            sbResp.Append(_netIf.IsDhcpEnabled ? "Dynamic IP = " : "Static IP = ");            sbResp.Append("</b>");            sbResp.Append(_netIf.IPAddress);            sbResp.Append("<p/>" + DateTime.Now.ToString());            sbResp.Append("</body></html>");            byte[] msgBody = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(sbResp.ToString());            context.Response.ContentEncoding = Encoding.UTF8;            context.Response.ContentType = "text/html";            context.Response.ContentLength64 = msgBody.Length;            context.Response.StatusCode = (int)HttpStatusCode.OK;            context.Response.OutputStream.Write(msgBody, 0, msgBody.Length);        }        #endregion    }

#95 TechnoGuy

TechnoGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

That's the first I've heard of a coming 4.3 QFE1 release from Microsoft.  It's been over 10 months since anything was updated on netmf.codeplex.com.  Can you ask someone over at MS to at least give us a little blog post about 4.3 QFE1 so we know they are alive over there...

Hi this is my first post in the Netduino Forums so please be kind...

I found the following blog post which does shed a bit of light on things with .NET Micro Framework 4.3 QFE1...  The post is dated October 22, 2013 and the program manager - a person named ShiZhe Jiang - says the anticipated SDK update is "coming soon".

http://blogs.msdn.co...sue-fixing.aspx

You can find a comment by Chris Walker on the blog (skip down to December 28, 2013)...

- Ian

My Current Dev Boards:

• 3 x Netduino Plus 2
  • 1 x Netduino 3 WiFi

#96 Paolo Patierno

Paolo Patierno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Great comment from Chris Walker on Microsoft blog....it seems that will be a great future for .Net Micro Framework !

Thanks Chris !

Paolo Patierno

Microsoft MVP on Windows Embedded & IoT

Azure Advisor

Twitter : @ppatierno
Linkedin : paolopatierno
Blog : DevExperience

Blog : Embedded101
?

#97 Sebbasstt2

Sebbasstt2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

I did the procedure for updating the firmware 4.2.0 to 4.3.0 on my Netduino plus 2.

Everything is ok but now I no longer able to deploy my application on the Netduino plus 2.

I think it is the version of USB driver causing the problem, it tells me it is still version 4.2.0 during this procedure, I have had no errors. Is this normal? how else the update, I try several way without success. thank you

#98 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

Hi Sebbasstt2, When you open up Project Properties for your project in Visual Studio, does that Target Framework say ".NET Micro Framework 4.3"? When upgrading a board, you'll want to upgrade the project to target the same new version of NETMF. The USB drivers are supported between the older and newer firmware releases. No need to change those. If you're still experiencing issues, please copy the output from your Output window after you get the failure...and we can all help you diagnose the issue. Chris

#99 gddnCode

gddnCode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Does this firmware allow for sd cards larger than 2GB?

#100 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Hi gddnCode, This firmware supports standard MicroSD cards (<4GB). You may be able to use an SDHC card--and we will be looking at ways to support more of those after 4.3 QFE1 ships. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.