Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

I2C works under the debugger, but not standalone?

I2C Netduino 2 Plus

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 awiggins

awiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hi Alex,

I stumbled across this thread due to having similar problems with the LSM303 module from adafruit. 

With the LSM303 we were having no problems using it with the Arduino boards, but once we moved it to the NP2 we started to see the issues and couldn't communicate with the device (bytes transferred was always 0). We attached it to the scope and saw nothing on the SCL or SDA lines (just nice 5V or 3.3V lines). However, we noticed if you start the netduino and I2C communications and then you remove the SDA line and then reattach it communications starts up and continues without a problem. Also, software I2C class worked without a problem (although it is much slower) -> http://forums.netdui...und-for-plus-2/

I don't believe the problem lies within the LSM303 module as it works with the arduino and the software I2C class on the netduino. 

Chris,

If you do plan on trying to debug this please let me know and I will get you any information you need. It looks to be on the Netduino side but I don't have any other I2C devices or netduinos to test with so I can't determine if this is possibly just a faulty NP2 or an actual bug. 

(For reference I am running the NP2 with 4.3 under VS2012)

#22 Frode

Frode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

As a reference there are related threads here and here.

#23 sfugarino

sfugarino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

I've got an Adafruit 9DOF IMU that has a LSM303DLHC running on Netduino. It's been running for 10 -12 hrs straight without a hiccup. Also have a BMP180 barometer running on the same I2C bus. The trick is to toggle the SDA line when you start your program.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: I2C, Netduino 2 Plus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.