Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Trouble flashing Netduino Mini

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 George C

George C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hi All, Having a bit of trouble flashing my Netduino Mini to 4.2.0.1. What I have done: 1) Reset the Mini by pushing 5V to the reset pad. 2) Flashed TinyBooterDecompressor.bin with SAM-BA This seems to work ok. If I flash the RS-232 version, then hook PUTTY up to the serial port, I get: TinyBooter v4.2.0.0 NetduinoMini Build Date: Sep 19 2012 19:39:48 ARM Compiler version 410894 MSdbgV1 ÿ׶-@Ó If I flash with the TTL version and try to connect to the TTL pins, I don't get anything back. Regardless, when I try to flash the firmware, I cannot ping the Netduino Mini with MFDeploy. I get "Error: No response from device." I've tried re-booting the Mini while pushing 5V to the DTR pin, without effect. I've tried the steps here http://forums.netdui...-netduino-mini/ but no luck. Any ideas?

#2 George C

George C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Bit of an update here... I was able to successfully flash. What I did: 1) Open MF Deploy 2) "Connect" to the COM port I was using (RS-232). 3) Select "Erase" 4) Flash new files as normal. I've flashed the TTL version of the firmware, and can confirm that I can connect via PuTTY. I see the framework components load. I've not flashed an application, but I would assume that will work. However, I still cannot ping the device. Whenever I try, I get "Error: No response from device." Am I doing something way wrong? What state does the device/MFDeploy need to be in in order to ping?

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hi George,

Am I doing something way wrong? What state does the device/MFDeploy need to be in in order to ping?

If you can deploy via MFDeploy, you should be able to ping the board.

If you deploy TTL firmware, the "pingable" port will be the TTL port (pins 11/12). Otherwise it'll remain on pins 1/2.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.