Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.1 - Page 2 - Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1) - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.1

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hi Howie,

I know you've had your hands full, but please do post the Netduino source when you can. I could care less about I2C ;-)

No problem, we've posted it on the downloads page. :)

Enjoy!

Chris

#22 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hi Giuliano,

Yes, correct.

The version #s will be <= the version of the SDK. They typically only change if there's a new features added to the assembly.

That is the correct version. There's no indicator that you're using QFE2, since QFE2 is a "quick engineering fix".

If you've installed the latest SDKs, you're good to go :)

Chris

Hi Chris, sorry about the confusion on my topic the other day but this is what happened:
I don't own a N+ 2 as of yet but placing my order soon though :)
I had a project that was meant for the N+ 2 but didn't realize about it and I was able to deploy it and then the debugger stopped working and my N+ 1 became unresponsive and I had to reflash it with SAM-BA, and then redeployed the firmware to it.

So the question I have is: the N+ 2 projects shouldn't be allowed to be deployed to an N+ 1 with Framework v4.2.0, right or this is the expected behaviour?

#23 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

So the question I have is: the N+ 2 projects shouldn't be allowed to be deployed to an N+ 1 with Framework v4.2.0, right or this is the expected behaviour?

Correct. Netduino Plus 1 projects should start out with the "Netduino Plus" application template.

We're working on an updated SDK which will technically make it possible for many projects to work on both...but right now you'll need to swap out the HardwareProvider when switching to Netduino Plus 1.

BTW, that all changes with the .NET MF 4.3 SDK. We have a few surprise in store. More on that soon.

Chris

#24 Howie Goodell

Howie Goodell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Hi -- One more question now that the source is out: what IDEs do you suggest using? You mentioned one that lets you drop down from C# to C++ interop debugging -- that sounds very cool; is it expensive? Have a good weekend! Howie

Edited by Howie Goodell, 08 December 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#25 Howie Goodell

Howie Goodell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Hi Howie,

No problem, we've posted it on the downloads page. :)

Enjoy!

Chris

Chris,
I just downloaded "netduino plus 2 firmware v4.2.1 source" at http://www.netduino.com/downloads/ . Thanks much!
Howie

#26 Lucas Salomao

Lucas Salomao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:01 PM

Chris, could you provide the source code in C to compile in gcc?

#27 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

Hi Lucas,

We use RVCT (RVDS/Keil MDK) to compile the official firmware. A few community members have been using GCC, at least with previous builds...which is something we encourage (but which we aren't set up to officially support at this time).

Chris

#28 Lucas Salomao

Lucas Salomao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

I understood, so could you provide the source code? I have Keil and I prefer that instead GCC, I want study source code for my master's thesis and try to develop an tool for any arm microcontroller. Could you to recommend any book about porting of netmf?

Thanks

Lucas Salomão

#29 Lucas Salomao

Lucas Salomao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:25 AM

Chris , could you help me?

#30 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:51 AM

Hi Lucas,

No problem, here you go. Source code is available as a download over on the downloads page.

Here's a direct link:
http://cdn.netduino....rce_4.3.1.0.zip

We'll also be checking the NETMF 4.4 source into our github repo a bit later (once NETMF 4.4 is RTM, etc.).

Chris

#31 Lucas Salomao

Lucas Salomao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

Thank you very much Chris!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.