Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Wireless contact switch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Questionmana

Questionmana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Does anyone have any experience with integrating something similar to this: http://download.home...NX-650_Spec.pdf I would like to use them on baby gates, etc so that we are notified if they are left open etc. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

#2 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Typically with stuff like that, they tell you the frequency but not the protocol or the encryption method otherwise you could build a device to fake out the alarm system and rob houses. This states it works with a control panel which is probably a full blown central monitoring alarm panel. You're going to have to find something like a BYOA sensor package where you can buy the Reed sensor/transmitter and a receiver board (not a panel) to receive the signal and process it down to a Digital signal you can use. I know Bosch makes stuff like that so you can convert an older panel to now use wireless in addition to wired.

#3 Nobby

Nobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

There's no protocols(in the traditional sense) or encryption with devices like this. They're brutally simple. The three key bits of info there are carrier freq, freq tolerance and modulation type. The modulation type is ASK. Ideally you'd use an ASK demodulator with a center frequency of 319.5MHz(the carrier freq) which will give you the analog envelope as an output. You then process the signal here which could be nasty. The device obviously transmits a serial/unqiue ID number but the PDF indicates that you need to hook it up to an ITI security panel(whatever that is). You'd be hard-pressed getting the information to interpret the signals sent by the device but if you've got a good CRO/scope and a lot of time, you could figure it out.... or just find a generic product if they exist.

#4 Questionmana

Questionmana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Thank you all for your reply. Are there any alternatives that you can think of that I could use? I really would like a small device that we can put on our baby gates, doors etc to report back to netdunio when the contact is broken. A wired solution is not feasible. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.