Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Using the netduino to control 5 motors.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Harel

Ben Harel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Is there some kind of limitation on the Netduino?I read something that said that I can only use 4 PWM,and I need 5. What can I do to bypass it?

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Is there some kind of limitation on the Netduino?I read something that said that I can only use 4 PWM,and I need 5. What can I do to bypass it?

I am not sure if there are any motor driver shields which will help you - you'll have to look around.

The TLC5940 can drive 16 PWMs. I had a look at this last year and produced an example for LEDs (see here for write up). It would just need a little work to get this to control motors as well.

I'm sure there will be other PWM chips around which can also be used.

Hope this help,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi Ben, The traditional Netduino has 4 PWMs. If you need more you'll want to use Netduino Go (where you can get 6 PWMs on Shield Base and even more using additional IO expansion boards). If you already have a Netduino, you can use an external PWM chip as Nevyn suggested...and then control it via SPI/I2C/etc. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.