Updated web server - Page 3 - Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1) - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Updated web server

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 acetate

acetate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

I installed NetMon and could not find traffic to my Netduino IP. My issue turned about to be HTTPClient for some reason defaulting to IPv6 even though my house router has IPv6 disabled. Not quite sure why but I disabled IPv6 on my Win8 client and it worked fine.

#42 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

I installed NetMon and could not find traffic to my Netduino IP. My issue turned about to be HTTPClient for some reason defaulting to IPv6 even though my house router has IPv6 disabled. Not quite sure why but I disabled IPv6 on my Win8 client and it worked fine.

Has anyone got this to work using WiFly?

#43 kash

kash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:15 PM

I put a server app on my Netduino Plus. It worked on private IP address fine but I had major hurdle make it accessable on the WWW.

The best methos I found is to make a dummy webpage on IIS with a public address. On IIS7 I configured the "URL Rewrite" module to redirect the above webpage to my netduino local address. That is it. 

I have verizon FIOS and I tried to put my Netduino webserver on the FIOS router it just did not work. If anyone knows how to work this I will be most appreciative,

#44 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

This is a major undertaking, not difficult but fraught with danger as you will be opening up your network to the internet and you really do need to investigate the possible problems before proceeding.

If you decide to go ahead then you need to start looking at things like port redirection and external DNS entries.

Sorry I cannot be more help but I know enough about the problem to do it but not enough to advise on how to do it 100% safely.

Regards,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.