Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Wiegand protocol for EM4100 Rfid reader

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 argian

argian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hello everyone, anyone has experienced with the wiegand protocol? I have to interface Netduino with an RFID reader (EM4100) and use the Wiegand protocol for serial communication. I do not know where to start. Thanks

#2 argian

argian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:08 PM

I've made some test with a proximity card: 1) I've read with a usb Rfid reader, so i have this "0004959302" 2) I've read with the Rfid (EM4100) reader plugged in Rsr232 of my pc, and i obtain "2F004BAC46" 3) I've read with the Rfid (EM4100) reader and netduino and i have this array of byte 63, 51, 46, 198, 198, 25, 47, 95, 94, 25, 50, 121, 61, 126 The data structure should be this: STX (02 HEX) DATA (10 HEX) CR LF ETX (03 HEX) But I don't understand how can read card number (0004959302) from this byte array.

#3 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

I've used a different RFID reader (ID innovations ID-20) and found the following: - Make sure you have the baud rate set correctly. Rather than not working, the wrong baud rate can give you inconsistent data. - My reader transmitted an ASCII encoded string rather than the hex I was expecting. i.e. rather than HEX 1E hex I got HEX 31, 45 - the codes for the characters "1" and "E". I believe Wiegand is the physical format of the binary data rather than the data format. I uses one serial line to transmit a 0 and the other to transmit a 1 (or something like that). If the reader's transmitting in Wiegand it will require a little more than connection straight to the Netduino's UART. My reader had the option to transmit in Wiegand, ASCII or Magnetic stripe emulation. If you can get it working with serial to your PC then you're most of the way there. You may need a serial to TTL level convertor but the format should be OK. Maybe a link to the exact device you're using might be helpful.

#4 jbrowne

jbrowne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

did u ever resolve this issue ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.