Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

My Netduino refuses to reset ...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 terb

terb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hi ! since this morning, I'm the proud owner of a Netduino. I'm an experienced C# developper but the Netduino is my very first contact in the wonderful world of microcontrollers. To try my new toy, I followed a tutorial on the Netduino website (light up the LED when the button is pressed, evenement version with InterruptPort). It worked fine. Then I tried to add some fancy feature : add a counter and blink the LED depending on the counter value. But this code didn't worked. After that, when I try to debug some code on the Netduino with Visual Studio, it says "The debugging target is not in a initialized state; rebooting..." and nothing more happens. I followed a tutorial to reset the Netduino (http://www.allduino....netduino-board/) but now I can't connect to it with MFDeploy : when I try to ping it, MFDeploy says "Pinging... Error: No response from device". I'm really sorry to ask such a newbie question but I wasn't able to find an answer. What do I have to do now ? Thank you very much !

#2 aalmada

aalmada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

After that, when I try to debug some code on the Netduino with Visual Studio, it says "The debugging target is not in a initialized state; rebooting..." and nothing more happens.

I started the see the same message after I upgraded to 4.2 firmware.
I found a workaround. Once the message appears, unplug the USB cable on the Netduino side and plug it again. Visual Studio enters debug mode like nothing happened...

aalmada

#3 terb

terb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

thank you ! strange thing, I just upgraded to 4.2 (before reading your answer) and everything seems to work way better now ...

#4 aalmada

aalmada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

I upgraded to 4.2.0.1 and the problem got worst. The unplug and plug USB cable doesn't make it work anymore.

Is anyone else experiencing the VS hang with message "The debugging target is not in a initialized state; rebooting..."?

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hi aalmada,

I upgraded to 4.2.0.1 and the problem got worst. The unplug and plug USB cable doesn't make it work anymore.

Is anyone else experiencing the VS hang with message "The debugging target is not in a initialized state; rebooting..."?

Were you using 4.2.0.0 before? The only code change was the setting of the PWM base clock so this shouldn't be affected.

Chris

#6 aalmada

aalmada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

The only code change was the setting of the PWM base clock so this shouldn't be affected.

That's what I thought so I also think it's strange. Could it be something in the upgrade process gone bad?
I followed the instructions from http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx and http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx
I have .NET MF SDK 4.2 (QFE2) and Netduino SDK v4.2.0 (August 2012) 64-bit installed.
When I execute an application from VS, it deploys correctly but it hangs with the "rebooting" message on the status bar.

aalmada

#7 terb

terb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

in my case, I upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2 , I still have some unstable behavior from VS2010 but I don't think this problem comes from the Netduino. I use a commercial version of VS2010 (Visual Studio 2010 Professionnal) and not Visual Studio 2010 Express.

#8 aalmada

aalmada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

I use a commercial version of VS2010 (Visual Studio 2010 Professionnal) and not Visual Studio 2010 Express.

I also use Visual Studio 2010 Professional.

#9 terb

terb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

Maybe a try with VS Express would be a good idea ?

#10 disu

disu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

I'm using VS 2010 Express and I have the same error. VS cannot deploy and I recerive "[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]No response from device[/color]" when I ping it.

I try to unplug and re-plug arduino after VS deploy error but it doesn't work.

Note: I have installed only 4.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.