Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Go Shieldbase and Ethernet module question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Caconway

Caconway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

I've been roaming the forums for a little while now and I see that an ethernet module may be on the horizon? I just ordered a main board and shieldbase to play with, I've used an arduino for a while but I wanted to try the netduino as my primary language is C#. Would like to know when the Ethernet module might be out, I see that the SD module is supposed to ship on the 29th and would also like to know if the shieldbase supports SPI or if it will in the near future and also what is the maximum size and format for the sd card? The project I have planed requires the SD, and ethernet modules and spi on the shieldbase would be nice too. Thanks for the help and I look forward to receiving my order tomorrow hopefully!

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

Hi Caconway, Welcome to the Netduino community! Ethernet modules are currently in the very last stages of validation. We hope to put them into production in a week or so. The Shield Base will support SPI soon. We're finishing up the GoBus 1.5 update for it now, and SPI support is the next item on our list. For Ethernet, you'll want to use the Ethernet GoModule. You can plug some of the Wiznet Ethernet shields into the Shield Base...but your networking experience will be more limited and much slower than using the Ethernet module solution. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.