Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Audio Controller

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 kirchi

kirchi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

wow great post and great idea

I cultivate this idea about a month already :)

I have macbook, PC, and airport express as music sources

and I have speakers and wireless headphones (actually 3 pairs but I want to have ability to switch to one at least)

so at minimum I want to setup configuration of 3 inputs X 2 outputs

I think with the IC in the post I can achieve this.

I have only 2 question which can help me a lot in choosing components to buy

1) I have quite hifi outputs - in PC it is Xonar essense XT and airport express has it's own DAC and macbook is not too bad as well. Does this IC correspond to this quality barrier so I dont distort the signal to much?

2) I dont need any mods to the signal - as bass or volume, is there a way to switch these off so the sygnal is not modified in any way using this IC (I mean I need to setup just a matrix of relays - no modification is needed to the sound - and I actually prefer zero modifications)

#22 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hi! If you're not planning on using the balance, fader and tone features, you should probably go for something else. If your sources all have digital ouput you could use a 3 input, 2 output digital matrix switch. Just a thought.

#23 kirchi

kirchi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi! If you're not planning on using the balance, fader and tone features, you should probably go for something else. If your sources all have digital ouput you could use a 3 input, 2 output digital matrix switch. Just a thought.

Hi hanzibal,

thanks for response

I think you are right.

I will search some other IC for switching AUDIO signal.

The sources have digital outputs but the targets does not have DACs so I will try to find some IC for analog switching.

#24 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

You could use four 4 to 1 analogue multiplexers (one dual for each output) and control these with your Netduino. This way, you'd also get an extra auxillary input.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q... 1 multiplexer#

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.