Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Deploy failed

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 louyo

louyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Trying to test a camera with the AdaFruit VC0706 test sample. I can run a small program that tests the SD card and some simple stuff, although sometimes I have to hit the reset button on the N+.
When I run that sample program, I get:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------ Build started: Project: AdaFruitVC0706Test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
AdaFruitVC0706Test -> E:\netduino\netduinohelpers_249dd927c92e\Samples\AdaFruitVC0706Test\AdaFruitVC0706Test\bin\Debug\AdaFruitVC0706Test.exe
------ Skipped Deploy: Project: netduino.helpers, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
------ Deploy started: Project: AdaFruitVC0706Test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
An error has occurred. Please check your hardware========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 skipped ==========
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this point to hardware problem or short circuit between the headphones?

Lou

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

------ Skipped Deploy: Project: netduino.helpers, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

I'm curious how that happened. Is that all the output window gave back?
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 louyo

louyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

I get this from rebuild: ---------------------------------------------------------- ------ Rebuild All started: Project: netduino.helpers, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ E:\netduino\netduinohelpers_249dd927c92e\Hardware\AdaFruitILI932x.cs(77,28): warning CS0108: 'netduino.helpers.Hardware.AdaFruitILI932x.Orientation' hides inherited member 'netduino.helpers.Hardware.LCD.Orientation'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended. E:\netduino\netduinohelpers_249dd927c92e\Hardware\LCD.cs(21,21): (Related location) Compile complete -- 0 errors, 1 warnings E:\netduino\netduinohelpers_249dd927c92e\Hardware\AdaFruitST7735.cs(522,13,522,39): warning MMP0000: opcode 'conv.ovf.i' -- overflow will not throw exception E:\netduino\netduinohelpers_249dd927c92e\Helpers\VirtualMemory.cs(14,13,14,59): warning MMP0000: opcode 'conv.ovf.i' -- overflow will not throw exception E:\netduino\netduinohelpers_249dd927c92e\Hardware\AdaFruitST7735.cs(522,13,522,39): warning MMP0000: opcode 'conv.ovf.i' -- overflow will not throw exception E:\netduino\netduinohelpers_249dd927c92e\Helpers\VirtualMemory.cs(14,13,14,59): warning MMP0000: opcode 'conv.ovf.i' -- overflow will not throw exception netduino.helpers -> E:\netduino\netduinohelpers_249dd927c92e\bin\Debug\netduino.helpers.dll ------ Rebuild All started: Project: AdaFruitVC0706Test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ AdaFruitVC0706Test -> E:\netduino\netduinohelpers_249dd927c92e\Samples\AdaFruitVC0706Test\AdaFruitVC0706Test\bin\Debug\AdaFruitVC0706Test.exe ========== Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ========== ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- When I do debug, I get the dialog "There were deployment errors, continue?" The deployment output is: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Incrementally deploying assemblies to device Deploying assemblies for a total size of 104964 bytes Assemblies not successfully deployed to device. Deployment to the device was not successful. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Build output is still: ------------------------------------------------ ------ Skipped Deploy: Project: netduino.helpers, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ Project not selected to build for this solution configuration ------ Deploy started: Project: AdaFruitVC0706Test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ ------ Deploy started: Project: AdaFruitVC0706Test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ An error has occurred. Please check your hardware========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 skipped ========== -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Since I have not used these netduino.helpers before, I am wondering if it is something I am botching up? Lou EDIT: Never mind for now, I can no longer run the simple LED blinking test. It thinks it ran but it doesn't. I am thinking that it is a hardware issue. Are these N+'s usually reliable? This has done nothing but run some simple LED and ethernet test programs.

#4 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

The deployment output is:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 104964 bytes
Assemblies not successfully deployed to device.
Deployment to the device was not successful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why it's not working;

From http://www.netduino....plus/specs.htm:

Code Storage: 64 KB

Your code is 102,5kB big.
If you have included -all- code from the netduino helpers, I'd suggest just include the .cs files you'll need.

EDIT: Never mind for now, I can no longer run the simple LED blinking test. It thinks it ran but it doesn't. I am thinking that it is a hardware issue. Are these N+'s usually reliable? This has done nothing but run some simple LED and ethernet test programs.

They normally are very relyable. I suggest to erase code memory completely for now, with this tool: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Tools\MFDeploy.exe"
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!

#5 louyo

louyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

That's why it's not working;

From http://www.netduino....plus/specs.htm:

Your code is 102,5kB big.
If you have included -all- code from the netduino helpers, I'd suggest just include the .cs files you'll need.

They normally are very relyable. I suggest to erase code memory completely for now, with this tool: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Tools\MFDeploy.exe"

10-4 thanks, dumb me, I should have seen that.
I had erased it all but it still won't run even the simplest program. I have a new one arriving tomorrow. In the meantime, the day job is calling. :)
Thanks again.

Lou

#6 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

I had erased it all but it still won't run even the simplest program.

That's odd. It's very difficult to really brick a netduino, believe me, I tried!
You could always reflash it's firmware. Instructions are on the wiki :)

#7 louyo

louyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

That's odd. It's very difficult to really brick a netduino, believe me, I tried!
You could always reflash it's firmware. Instructions are on the wiki :)

Thanks, I did that as well..

Lou

#8 cege7480

cege7480

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

I'm having a similar issue. Although the PC recognizes the N+, (deployed fine as of last night and many times before, no new firmware etc). It just stops when trying to deploy. More odd, if I unplug the USB, the machine hard reboots immediately. Uninstalled the USB device, rebooted. Everything. I'm at a loss...Any help appreciated. ------ Build started: Project: NetduinoPlusApplication1, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ NetduinoPlusApplication1 -> C:\dev\netduino\NetduinoApplication1\NetduinoPlusApplication1\bin\Debug\NetduinoPlusApplication1.exe ------ Deploy started: Project: NetduinoPlusApplication1, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ ------ Deploy started: Project: NetduinoPlusApplication1, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ Unable to communicate with device - USB:NetduinoPlus========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ========== ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

#9 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

cege7480: Which firmware version? Firmware 4.2rc5 (beta) still has some bsod issues. I found that if my Netduino doesn't deploy, I disconnect my netduino, thén press F5, and then connect my netduino. A work-around, but it helps against the bsod issue in 4.2

#10 cege7480

cege7480

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

cege7480: Which firmware version? Firmware 4.2rc5 (beta) still has some bsod issues.
I found that if my Netduino doesn't deploy, I disconnect my netduino, thén press F5, and then connect my netduino. A work-around, but it helps against the bsod issue in 4.2

Here is the output when I ran an Erase from MFDeploy (the only thing that seemed to be able to talk to it... If I unplug the Netduino I don't even go BSOD, just right to POST.

Rebooting...
AutoNegotiate complete
DM9161_GetLinkSpeed passed
Link detected 0x0
ip address from interface info: 192.168.254.73

TinyCLR (Build 4.1.2821.0)
Starting...
Created EE.
Started Hardware.
Found debugger!
Create TS.
Loading start at 14d324, end 162e8c
Attaching file.
Assembly: mscorlib (4.1.2821.0) (3880 RAM - 33236 ROM - 19134 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.1.2821.0) (1144 RAM - 6516 ROM - 4479 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.1.2821.0) (1752 RAM - 11440 ROM - 7371 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.1.2821.0) (704 RAM - 5060 ROM - 2452 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: System (4.1.2821.0) (872 RAM - 5992 ROM - 3206 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.1.2821.0) (740 RAM - 4620 ROM - 2522 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: System.IO (4.1.2821.0) (1548 RAM - 13292 ROM - 5862 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.1.2821.0) (512 RAM - 3488 ROM - 1543 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.1.2821.0) (580 RAM - 3740 ROM - 1844 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware (4.1.0.0) (256 RAM - 1108 ROM - 491 METADATA)
Attaching file.
Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.1.0.0) (180 RAM - 440 ROM - 166 METADATA)
Loading Deployment Assemblies.
Resolving.

Total: (10500 RAM - 88932 ROM - 49070 METADATA)

Total: (10500 RAM - 88932 ROM - 49070 METADATA)
Ready.
Cannot find any entrypoint!
Done.
Waiting for debug commands...

#11 cege7480

cege7480

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hmm... So this gets interesting. Yesterday I was playing with MFDeploy but having some weird connection issues (couldn't ping etc). There was a post by Chris somewhere that said to unplug, hold down the reset button, plug in USB, immediatly hit ping. This worked and was able to do everything in MFdeploy without issue. So.. I repeated the exact same step. Of course, as soon as I unplugged the USB, my machine hardbooted. But then, when bringing it back up, the netduino had also rebooted (and program was erased, this is good), and I could then deploy code again. I haven't yet tried the unplug USB test after this started working, would like to do something constructive before rebooting for the 14th time tonight. Does that shed any light into what is happening?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.