Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Help with Netduino Plus + Xbee

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sharktear

Sharktear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hello everyone, I wanted a few tips to make the following project: One of several features that I wish I could run through my Netduino Plus is that it can open the doors of the house via an Android application or more generally through a generic http request. Currently I have developed a simple application for Netduino that work as web servers and waits for commands to execute. At this point I hooked up a 5v relay module and I was able to open and close its contacts over the web. The first problem I have in the next step is this: to open the doors of the house, living in a building where I can not put my hands directly on the doors relays, I decided to connect to the video entryphone and simulate the pressure on the open button. The thing is simple enough, maybe I could even just to trust instead of a transistor to a relay, connected to the poles of the video entryphone button, but to avoid doing harm and decoupling circuits for now I decided to use the relay. The problem here, I opened the video entryphone (brand new and I have been mounted in recent days) and it is a digital model (working with a communication bus to the external controller), this implies the fact of not having dedicated wires opening of the gates. However the problem is not that, because my goal is to hook up my relay in parallel to the video entryphone button, completely transparently to the rest of the operation thereof. The switch of the video entryphone button, however, has more than 2 poles, exacty 6 ... Therefore I can not figure out which of the 6-pin to connect with my 2-pole relay ... actually has 3 relay outputs NO-COM-NC (could be either a normally open to normally closed). Moreover, following the tracks of the PCB connected to pins of the button, I can not understand much, I think that still are used more than 2 pins. I enclose a photo and then asking for help ... I could certainly test the various links of the 2 states of the switch with a multimeter, but perhaps the pinout is standard and I'm doing more problems than it should ... I only want avoid trouble because the video entryphone is new and it cost like a mid-range smartphone ... :( I now turn to the second question: once I've managed to make it all work, I would like to make it "wireless" that is no longer physically connected to the relay Netduino, but make sure it receives commands via a XBee module connected to its twin interfaced to the Netduino. Basically I would have the netduino plus connected via ethernet cable to the home router, then connected to a Xbee module coupled to another module connected to the video entryphone. The first question is: has sense? There are ways cheaper but at the same time as versatile as Xbee to make a sensor / actuator wireless? 2 Xbee modules would cost if I remember correctly around 50 €... Moreover, being Netduino with signals from 3.3 V if I understand it I can connect the Xbee module without using his Shield for that from what I understand, but it simplifies the connection is not essential, is that correct? Many thanks to those who will answer me :-) Please forgive me for the bad english... I translate all with google from Italian and made some correction...

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.