Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Yet another telnet server

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

I just completed a telnet server with quite some features:

Posted Image

I wrote this in both C# and VB.NET and can be downloaded at http://netmftoolbox....ol/BrowseLatest
I tried to keep it as modular and simple as possible; it's very easy to both add and remove commands for your own project. The above listed commands are just as example.

A warning though, opening telnet to the world wide web isn't recommended. But to play with on your own local network, it's nice :)

A word of thanks to nakchak for helping me through some annoying socket issues.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#2 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

Looking good dude :) About to start work on the shell based config system i mentioned when trying to get to the bottom of the socket issues.

#3 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Nice work Stefan.

Can I haz the SSH option on the Netduino Go now? Posted Image

#4 Metalith

Metalith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Seems to ignore commands and mistake them sometimes. All in all an awesome project.

#5 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Seems to ignore commands and mistake them sometimes. All in all an awesome project.

Did you get an error while trying? VB.NET or C#? Used function keys, like backspace, esc, arrow keys, etc?
It supports escape and backspace a bit, but that's it. It's very limited (hence the micro framework part)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!

#6 Metalith

Metalith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

No, so Im not sure what exactly is going on. I have to enter commands twice else I get an unknown command reply.

#7 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

No, so Im not sure what exactly is going on. I have to enter commands twice else I get an unknown command reply.

Ahh, could be a terminal client that sends some strange characters. Which telnet client do you use? I mostly tested in PuTTY and telnet.exe

#8 Metalith

Metalith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Ahh, could be a terminal client that sends some strange characters. Which telnet client do you use? I mostly tested in PuTTY and telnet.exe

Sorry for the late response, been rather busy.

Anyhow I seemed to have solved on of the problems. There appears to be a typo within the Help command. Config is not a command, however listed. Within the code though, it recognizes configpin. Just thought that was worth mentioning. That did not solve the issue of other commands such as writepin or listpin.

#9 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

in which telnet client do you experience those problems? :)

#10 Metalith

Metalith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Oops, I appear to have forgotten to say that it was Putty as well. Sorry for troubling you with this :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.