How to host a web page in my N Go? - Netduino Go - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

How to host a web page in my N Go?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

Good day everyone, I own two great books, one of them is Getting Started with the Internet of Things and the other one is Getting Started with Netduino. There is a sample of a web server program in one of them called HelloWeb in Chapter 10 but not exactly what I am after. I want to be able to host a web page in my N Go that I can access from my home network initially (From there I know how to do the port forwarding and all that). I will use that web page to change values that will serve to override certain controls within the running code to actuate and led, relay, etc. Can you please help? Any project source code, code snipped please?

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

I want to be able to host a web page in my N Go that I can access from my home network initially (From there I know how to do the port forwarding and all that). I will use that web page to change values that will serve to override certain controls within the running code to actuate and led, relay, etc.

We are currently waiting for the Networking module to become available for the GO!.

In the meantime you can have a look at the Web Servers for the N+. There are a few of these in the Project forum. As these all seem to use generic .NET for the server code I would expect them to run "out of the box" on the GO!

Regards,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

We are currently waiting for the Networking module to become available for the GO!.

In the meantime you can have a look at the Web Servers for the N+. There are a few of these in the Project forum. As these all seem to use generic .NET for the server code I would expect them to run "out of the box" on the GO!

Regards,
Mark

Thanks Nevyn,

I also own a N+, so I am going to look around in the forums for some web servers projects for it.

I was wondering if I have the NGo with a WiFly, I should be able to host a page on my NGo as well, Am I right or now?

#4 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

I was wondering if I have the NGo with a WiFly, I should be able to host a page on my NGo as well, Am I right or now?

Never used a WiFly so could not comment.

Regards,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#5 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

The wifly module can handle one connection at the time, which can also listen for connections instead of building it's own connection. But the driver I wrote doesn't have support for that in it at the moment.

I know Secret Labs is working on a networking module though, which should do just all that ;)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#6 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

The wifly module can handle one connection at the time, which can also listen for connections instead of building it's own connection. But the driver I wrote doesn't have support for that in it at the moment.

I know Secret Labs is working on a networking module though, which should do just all that ;)

Hi Stefan,

Let me know if you make any updates for the WiFly driver to support this functionality.

Do you know if the Secret Labs networking module is going to be wireless?

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

Do you know if the Secret Labs networking module is going to be wireless?

We're working on an Ethernet module right now. For WiFi, I recommend using the XBee WiFi solution, WiFly, an Ethernet-WiFi bridge, etc.

Chris

#8 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

We're working on an Ethernet module right now. For WiFi, I recommend using the XBee WiFi solution, WiFly, an Ethernet-WiFi bridge, etc.

Chris

Awesome, I can't wait.

I am using Stefan's WiFly solution at the moment:

Posted Image

#9 motogo

motogo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hallo Stefan, i am using the Xbee, Rover Wifi Module. It is working well, creating a socket, a webclient... But there is no Listen method in Socket. How i m able do write w webserver? Is there an new version of the driver / software to solve this problem, or is there any timline for that ? best regrds motogo

#10 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

i am using the Xbee, Rover Wifi Module. It is working well, creating a socket, a webclient...
But there is no Listen method in Socket. How i m able do write w webserver? Is there an new version of the
driver / software to solve this problem, or is there any timline for that ?

I don't have such a feature on the timeline. Also, the wifly module can handle just one socket at a time, so I don't think it's useful as a webserver.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.