Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Favorite STM8S Varient

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ByteMaster

ByteMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

I've got a number of modules up and running which I'll put out some additional information once everything comes together. Right now I thought I'd just let everyone know my favoriate STM8S varient.

Right now my favorite varient is the STM8S207K6T6C it's cheap at $2.50 with a minimum qty of 10. It has a nice 32 pin package with a 0.8mm pitch which is easy to solder and create your own boards to host. It has plenty of storage with a 32K EEPROM, 6K of RAM and a 1K EEPROM. It also runs at 24MHz so it's a bit faster.

For the most part it's pin compatible with the STM8S103K6 and has the same foot print, but you also need to connect up pin 7 to VDD where you don't with the STM8S103 (trust me...that one cost me about 2 hours thinking I had a bad chip/board). Also to use I2C on the STM8S207 you need to set the alternate function for AFR6 to IDC (trust me again...that one costed me 4+ hours of scratching my head).

What is everyone else using for an 8 bit uC? Anyone else have any experiences (good or bad) to share with different 8 bit controllers?

Kevin...
Kevin D. Wolf
Windows Phone Development MVP
President Software Logistics, LLC
Tampa, FL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.