Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Anyone is interested on a high-end acquisition shield?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: High-end shield features (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Analog stage

1. 16 bits, 1 voltage/current input (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. 16 bits, 4 voltage/current inputs (5 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. 24 bits, 1 voltage/current input (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. 24 bits, 4 voltage/current inputs (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

5. I'm not interested at all (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Digital stage

1. SPI bus (10 votes [47.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

2. I2C bus (7 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. UART bus (3 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. RS485 (as option) (1 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

5. Else more (please specify) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Signal treatment

1. accurate sampling period (6 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. caching capability (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. Hi-Fi audio capability (as option, cache req'd) (2 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Programmable digital filtering (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hello everybody. It seems that many of you are seeking for high-end shields/modules for analog acquisition of sensors or something like that. You know, the embedded ADCs of Netduino (as well as any MCU) are not suited for a clean yet reliable reading. Thus, the proposed idea is about the creation of an high-precision ADC converter, as well as some amplifying section, to be used for small signals inputs. All that is still at the poll-stage, just to hear from you how deep is the interest. Upon the interest (if so), I'll try to wrap the info up, and start something concrete. So, please, choose an option in the above poll. Feel free to ask clarifications on the poll choices. Thank you so much. Cheers everybody.
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#2 Magpie

Magpie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationAustralia (south island)

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'm definitely interested. I voted but my answers don't seem to be recorded. 16 bit is definitely enough for me. Stacks of sensors but obviously not all of them can be close to the Netduino. Have you had a look at what GHI is doing with gadgeteer, I am sure that is not what I want personally but the versitility sounds good. I guess if you can work out a list of types of sensors people may want to attach, it would possibly give you a bit of guidance. good luck. Tried it again, it worked.

Edited by Magpie, 10 March 2012 - 01:42 PM.

STEFF Shield High Powered Led Driver shield.

#3 Marco Zora

Marco Zora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

we are interested to high quality data (24 bit) acquisition system. so, we start to develope a professional shield for netduino plus because no such products exists in the market. key features: FPGA controlled 8 analog input channels - 24 bit, 30kSPS, -10V:+10V bipolar range 4 digital frequency bipolar imputs, -5V,+5V 4 analog outputs - 16 bit 500kSPS, -10V:+10V Precision RTC bye Marco

#4 Mike P

Mike P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

I was breadboarding a 24 bit ADC with integral current sources. I wanted it for high resolution temperature sensing (4-wire PT100). The same device would be well suited for load cells and strain gauges(used for measuring force/weigh/pressure/stress) I was testing both the exas instruments ADS1247 or Analog device AD7794. Unfortunately the project was shelved.

#5 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

There is too few interest, as well the parts are pretty expensive. I think the project can't start due the too high manufacturing cost to be shared among few people. To keep the board within a "reasonable" price, there must be *at least* 15-20 samples.
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#6 Marco Zora

Marco Zora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

There are some applications where money is the last problem to solve! I think, the total cost of a professional PCB could be from 300€ to 500€. There are many datalogger from 500€ (and above) that does not have the flexibility which would have a system based on netduino plus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.