Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Change VS template defaults to USB/Netduino?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Llaves

Llaves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

How do I change the project template so that the newly created project defaults to Transport = USB instead of emulator? I've poked around at the template file and am not spotting anything likely.

#2 Cabadam

Cabadam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

How do I change the project template so that the newly created project defaults to Transport = USB instead of emulator? I've poked around at the template file and am not spotting anything likely.

Hmm, that isn't part of the actual template file (.csproj) itself. Instead it is part of the .csproj.user file that gets created as you start using it. Create a project based on the template, set the properties to go over USB and save. Then go open up the .csproj.user file. You should see something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Project ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
  <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|AnyCPU'">
    <DeployTransport>USB</DeployTransport>
    <DeployDevice>NetduinoPlus</DeployDevice>
  </PropertyGroup>
</Project>

You could try adding the .csproj.user file into the template zip file. You would also need to update the ".vstemplate" file that comes inside the template. You need to add a <ProjectItem> line for the new file.

I have no idea if it will let you embed the .user file like that, it is intended to be workstation specific. I'm honestly not sure what it'll do :) Let us know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.