Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Which parts of TimeService are implemented?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ErikOwsiak

ErikOwsiak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

Is there a place where I can see what is implemented in the firmware? What is the easiest way to set time/date???

#2 Valkyrie-MT

Valkyrie-MT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Is there a place where I can see what is implemented in the firmware?
What is the easiest way to set time/date???

I am partial to this method of setting the time. That thread also has some discussion about what is implemented in the firmware. But in short, I believe TimeService was left out of the Netduino firmwares.

-Valkyrie-MT

#3 ErikOwsiak

ErikOwsiak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

If this is an open source project... how is it that there is no clear map of what is implemented in the firmware???

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi ErikOwsiak, We put all the features we could in the core firmware...but there are a small handful that we'd like to have but simply don't fit (advanced XML and TimeService are the two to come to mind). With TimeService, we found that it was better to use a managed code implementation created by the community instead... Checkout "MicroTweet" for one example. Perhaps we should create a Wiki page detailing the features of NETMF which aren't supported by small boards like Netduino Plus? Chris

#5 ErikOwsiak

ErikOwsiak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:33 AM

Hi Chris, Wiki would make a lot of sense, anything that would give a quick lookup of what is not in the firmware and a workaround if one exists. Tnx

#6 ErikOwsiak

ErikOwsiak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:37 AM

I have downloaded something called "MFToolKit", but this software seems to be throwing socket errors all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.