Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Killed that complicated thing...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ipu

Ipu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hi, first: i'm german, cause of this i'm sorry for my poor english...:-) beeing a member for just some days i have to change my mind...this thing looks awesome...in any direction. After 3 Days of playing around with it to get the TLL-Com get working (USB is needed for my projects without any exceptions), i retire from this low-cost-Controller. For simple things I'm back to Arduino, its slow, but easy and absolutely cooperative to any user i think. For more complicated things i use now Mbed's...even easy & cooperative and much more faster, but a little bit more expensive. But at both i don't have to build a "Flashboard" to programm them, could use onBoard USB, Leds and a onBoard-Reset. I won't build anything great around the controller to program it, i just want to pull-in a USB-Cable and have it. Programming-Interface AND Debugging-Interface. Everytime without playing around in any Firmwares or Cable-Setups. After getting an alfa-rev. by my reseller and trying around with the FW-Update up to 4.2.2 inclusive some Systemcrashes and all u could have, he isn't responsing any more. After trying a litte bit around to reanimate it, i have given it to my son to play with it. Its just wasted time for me... Sorry for that, but the mini seems to be a nice thing for playing with it ;-) but i'd looked for one i could just use for my work, not to make it to my work. And if i have to buy a greater one, i just could take a Mbed LPC1768 :-/ Looks fine, if it would work (at many users it seems to do his Job well...) it would maybe a nice one, but for just building an application with it it looks like a hobbie-playtoy after all for me now. Sry, changes sides now ;-) best reguards, Steff

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hi Steff, Thank you for your note. Sorry that you've had troubles! It sounds like a regular Netduino (with a USB port and simpler setup) might be a better board for you to get started with. If you'd like help diagnosing the board, hooking it up, etc. there are many of us here who would be happy to help. Welcome to the Netduino community, Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.