Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

No response after MFdeploy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leo Gaggl

Leo Gaggl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

I have been trying to upgrade firmware to 4.2RC3 but I can not get past the ER_FLASH deploy using MFDeploy.exe. Netduino Plus Rev. B Board The devices pings fine after uploading TinyBooter 4.2RC3, but after deploying the firmware files I just get: Pinging... Error: No response from device I have tried to repeat the procedure a few times, but consistently get the same result. I have searched the forums, but can not find a thread matching this. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Cheers, Leo

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hi Leo, I would try using the new .NET MF 4.2 beta drivers (pinned in the beta forum). If that doesn't fix things for you, please revert back to .NET MF 4.1 and post a bug report on this over at netmf.codeplex.com. [There may already be one, so please vote if there is.] This USB issue is one of a handful of items keeping .NET MF 4.2 in beta for the moment. Chris

#3 backsix

backsix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

I've got the same problem. new netduino plus board & new user. I never ran the previous version before attempting the beta as I'm interested in vb. Have tied to upgrade the firmware multiple times via SAM-BA then MFDeploy. becoming an expert at the reset procedure but have never successfully finished deploying the framework. Here's the output from MFDeploy Pinging... TinyBooter Bootloader build info: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC CPinging... Error: No response from device Notice the 'C' before I tried to ping it? What does it normally say here? I'm thinking something has to do with the configuration. I can't get MSDeploy to accept any MAC/IP setup. Probably the first time I tried the firmware update I hosed the factory MAC address. Any help appreciated. Also, I tried the 'beta drivers' Netduino_DEBUG_Drivers_20110826 but xp 32 bit would not accept them.

#4 Leo Gaggl

Leo Gaggl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your prompt reply ! The driver update seems to have done the trick even though I had trouble with the beta drivers on my XP VM. Reverting back to the USB drivers seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks for your help !
Leo

Hi Leo,

I would try using the new .NET MF 4.2 beta drivers (pinned in the beta forum). If that doesn't fix things for you, please revert back to .NET MF 4.1 and post a bug report on this over at netmf.codeplex.com. [There may already be one, so please vote if there is.]

This USB issue is one of a handful of items keeping .NET MF 4.2 in beta for the moment.

Chris

#5 Leo Gaggl

Leo Gaggl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hi Chris, Just F.Y.I. - seems that was a fluke. It only worked temporarily. Showed: Pinging .... TinyCLR Tried to update the Network configuration afterwards, but it reverted back to Pinging... Error: No response from device and no luck in reviving it. Maybe it helps in debugging ! If I can provide any further debug info let me know. Will revert back to 4.1 for the moment. Cheers, Leo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.