Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Touch screen device

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aip.cd.aish

aip.cd.aish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hey, I am just starting out with hardware programming and was wondering if someone knows of a touch screen device that I can interface with a Netduino board. I was doing some research and I found this: http://emartee.com/p...uino-Compatible) Do you know if there is something similar for Netduino? Also do you know if there are similar touch screens with lcd displays that are 7-10 in. or wider? Thanks for your help!

#2 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

Is that price right? If so and it works with the Netduino then it sounds great.

I was wondering whether and old Pocket PC would make a good input device. Obviously it would require code for the UI to be written on the device with the .NET compact framework and some USB interface work between that and the Netduino. I've got an old iPaq 5450 gathering dust in the attic somewhere. Maybe I'll dig it out.

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

Hey, I am just starting out with hardware programming and was wondering if someone knows of a touch screen device that I can interface with a Netduino board. I was doing some research and I found this: http://emartee.com/p...uino-Compatible)

Wow, that's a pretty awesome price.

Looking at the interface and code very briefly... It looks like it would probably work; my only concern would be the speed of bit-banging those pins in managed code. You might need to create a native C++ driver...

Also, I didn't see any code samples for how to read the touch input. Does that module actually pass the touch input to your code?

We haven't tested the unit, so we can't vouch for whether it works or not--but for that price it would be a cool experiment if nothing else.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.