Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Use Microframework with AT91SAM7X256

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seppduino

Seppduino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

Hi,

i want to use my netduino code on an trinamic eval board. it has a AT91SAM7X256 instead of AT91SAM7X512
http://www.trinamic....hp?sess_pid=447
has anyone tried that already? i don't know how to get the microframework running/flashed and which tools are needed for it.
i know the flashing process with atmega8, but i am inexperienced with arm processors because working with the devkit of netduino is so straight forward and automatic.
thanks for your help

#2 liqdfire

liqdfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hi,

i want to use my netduino code on an trinamic eval board. it has a AT91SAM7X256 instead of AT91SAM7X512
http://www.trinamic....hp?sess_pid=447
has anyone tried that already? i don't know how to get the microframework running/flashed and which tools are needed for it.
i know the flashing process with atmega8, but i am inexperienced with arm processors because working with the devkit of netduino is so straight forward and automatic.
thanks for your help

I am pretty sure you cannot use the standard Netduino firmware on it, because the differences in ram sizes i.e address ranges are configured into the boot loader and firmware.
Not to say you could not take the source code for netduino and tweak it for that processor though.

#3 JonnyBoats

JonnyBoats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPhillips, ME

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

Hi,

I believe your biggest problem would be that the AT91SAM7X256 has 256 Kbytes of flash wile the Netduino has 512K. I wouldn't say absolutely that it is impossible to get the .NET MF into 256K, but it would be a major challenge.

Far better to select a chip with adequate memory.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

There is a port of the NETMF firmware for SAM7S (7X without networking) which only has 256KB of flash. It removes a lot of features and functionality. If your 256KB SAM7X has at least as much flash and RAM as that chip, you can probably compile that firmware from scratch...although it won't leave much space for your application (and you'll definitely not be able to do networking natively). Chris

#5 Seppduino

Seppduino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

Thank you. This information helps me to reconsider my plans. I should buy a cheap eval board with the sam7x256 and try it. I'll post my results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.