Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Use Pins Enum in clas constructor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JR.NET

JR.NET

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hello,

I would like to set certain pins in my class constructor. I've tried the following but without any luck:

PWM PWMpinENA;
        InputPort DirectionPinIN1;
        InputPort DirectionPinIN2;
        SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput ReadmAPin;
        InterruptPort RPMpin;

public MotorControl(Pins pwmpin, Pins Direction1, Pins Direction2, Pins mapin, Pins rpmpin)
        {
            PWMpinENA = new PWM(pwmpin);
            DirectionPinIN1 = new InputPort(Direction1, true, ResistorModes.PullUp);
            DirectionPinIN2 = new InputPort(Direction2, true, ResistorModes.PullUp);
            ReadmAPin = new SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput(mapin);

RPMpin = new InterruptPort(rpmpin, false, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLevelHigh);
            RPMpin.OnInterrupt += new NativeEventHandler(RPMpin_OnInterrupt);

}

The class initiation would be:

MotorControl MotorLeft = new MotorControl(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D6, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5, Pins.GPIO_PIN_A1, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10);

However this is not correct. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Strange, that should work. I've done the same here: http://netmftoolbox....iew/8751#134105 Which 'using' lines do you have? The Pins enumeration requires SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

The type of Pins enumeration values is actually Cpu.Pin, so you'd need to change constructor prototype like the following:

public MotorControl(Cpu.Pin pwmpin, Cpu.Pin direction1, Cpu.Pin direction2, Cpu.Pin mapin, Cpu.Pin rpmpin)
{
}

#4 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

The type of Pins enumeration values is actually Cpu.Pin, so you'd need to change constructor prototype like the following:

public MotorControl(Cpu.Pin pwmpin, Cpu.Pin direction1, Cpu.Pin direction2, Cpu.Pin mapin, Cpu.Pin rpmpin)
{
}

Oh true, missed that! :o
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!

#5 JR.NET

JR.NET

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

Thanks (and to Stefan: Dank je!!) I am writing (yet another probably) a motor driver that can also maintain a certain RPM (using an encoder) instead of only PWM values. I am building a (quite big) tank (with massive DIY tracks) that use two motors to drive it. With an earlier version that only used PWM I has speed sync issues. Cheers.

#6 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

I am writing (yet another probably) a motor driver

Yep, you're correct :D I recognise your code and have written something simular once myself. But it's very educating writing code. Helps you understand the device. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.