Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Cheap remote control on Netduino

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Freeman4gu

Freeman4gu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hey there,

it's some time gone since my last visit. But I finished building my RepRap 3D printer (sry in German) :) and now I want to create a little robot with netduino :)

Are there any tutorials on how to use and implement a remote control in a cheap way? ;)
What do you suggest? I read about using the PS3 Controller with a bluetooth dongle? Or do I better use the standard 2.4Ghz remote control? Where can I get cheap controls and receiver?

Hope this are not to much questions. But it would be nice if any of you got experience in this and can help me :)

Best regards,
Freeman

#2 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

Hallo Freeman. What kind of remote control are you looking for? I mean that you should decide: how many buttons? how many joysticks? how far should be the remote controller from the server? has to be bidirectional? has to be working also through "shields" (e.g. walls)? any constraint about the usage (e.g. RF-emissions, heavy-noisy environs, battery duration, etc). etc. Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#3 Freeman4gu

Freeman4gu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

Hallo Freeman.
What kind of remote control are you looking for?
I mean that you should decide:
how many buttons?
how many joysticks?
how far should be the remote controller from the server?
has to be bidirectional?
has to be working also through "shields" (e.g. walls)?
any constraint about the usage (e.g. RF-emissions, heavy-noisy environs, battery duration, etc).
etc.

Cheers

It should not be an IR Control. I would need that control for long and short range in different projects. But couldn't find anything like that. :(

So I hope you can help me.

I am interested in all types of controls, but it have to be wireless ;)

#4 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

I guess you are German or living there.
Time ago I was looking at these modules, but I turned them down because they're *NOT* compliant with the EU-rules.
They are probably working well, but the RF-emission/spectral occupancy is wider than the rules say.
So, the main problem of a wireless device is the compliancy, because there are TONS of RF signals in the air, and there must be someone that rule all that.

Why those kind of modules are sold in EU? Just because you are licensed to use them for ISM, but for nothing else. If you use them for different applications, the law is against *you*, not the reseller!

We are creating such a kind of modules, but they are much expensive. That's because the RF-rules are strict, and the circuits cannot be so simple as you may think.
Believe me, the wireless world is a real jungle!
Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.