Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus : 24 bit ADC sound acquisition

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 helen

helen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

I am still learning the Netduino Plus. Can the Netduino Plus support 24-bit ADC sampling at 48kHz ? I wish to develop sound data acquisition on Netduino Plus. Appreciate if someone can advise me. Thank you very much.

#2 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

Sorry Helen, but I did not notice your post.
Assuming your ADC has a SPI-interface to exchange data with the Netduino, you could *theoretically* collect the samples.
However, there are two major problems:
  • how to guarantee the precision/stability of the sample frequency, and
  • where to store the incoming data.
For such a project I would consider a microprocessor, instead of a microcontroller.
Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#3 helen

helen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

Hi Mario, Thanks for your reply. I am pretty new to microcontroller or microprocessor. Can you suggest any suitable microprocessor which is not too complex to implement for my project ? Your any advice and recommendation will be valuable to me. Thank you very much.

#4 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Welcome back Helen. I love your idea, but you should explain a bit better what's the project. If you are going to develop/build a "box" to sample and collect hi-fi sounds (e.g. a song), then it's a pretty complex task, especially if you don't have decent physics/math/electronic basis. Instead, if you are going to create a simple circuit, just to play some short sounds (without needing a hi-fi recording), that would be much easier. Could you point something more on that?
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#5 helen

helen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

Hi Mario, I want to build a device to sample/measure sound using microphone sensor. The microphone sensor gives analog voltage output signal equivalent to sound pressure (Pa). In my view, the device should basically consists of: Microphone sensor => 24-bit, 48kHz A/D converter => Microcontroller The microcontroller will do the following processing: a) Calculate the digitized microphone sensor readings to dB unit B) Show the sound level readings (dB) on display screen. c) Save sound level readings (dB) in memory card for later downloading to PC. I found Netduino Plus is quite easy to program using Visual Studio and has SD card function. Hence i thought if the Netduino Plus can be used as the microcontroller for this application. Hope i have clearly described what is want to do. Your any advice and suggestion will be great and valuable to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.