Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

TI deals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

Nothing to do with Netduino, but seems like the sort of thing that you guys would appreciate. TI often sell some bargain stuff and have recently set up the TI Deals site. Currently got the Chronos watch half price (and it's fairly cheap anyway) and even has free shipping worldwide.

If you're not familiar with the MSP430, it's very different from the Netduino. There's quite a range but they're generally small, low power and programmed in C or Assembler. Real time stuff, quadrocopters - yes. Nice .NET Microframework with events and garbage collection - no.

Anyway, just thought you might be interested. I don't think Chris will be offended that I'm posting about a different microcontroller, but please remove if inappropriate.

#2 stan4th

stan4th

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

FYI - apparently this deal "expired" very quickly... although the impression was that it was supposed to last a while

Nothing to do with Netduino, but seems like the sort of thing that you guys would appreciate. TI often sell some bargain stuff and have recently set up the TI Deals site. Currently got the Chronos watch half price (and it's fairly cheap anyway) and even has free shipping worldwide.

If you're not familiar with the MSP430, it's very different from the Netduino. There's quite a range but they're generally small, low power and programmed in C or Assembler. Real time stuff, quadrocopters - yes. Nice .NET Microframework with events and garbage collection - no.

Anyway, just thought you might be interested. I don't think Chris will be offended that I'm posting about a different microcontroller, but please remove if inappropriate.

#3 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

Each deal is supposed to be for 2 weeks. Maybe they hit the limit on coupons quicker than they thought. If any Netduino users want to see if my coupon code is reusable, please PM me. I ordered one. However I suspect that it's one of those things that seems cool initially, you write some "see if I can read the accelerometer in my watch" code, and then you struggle to find anything actually useful to do with it. It'll probably end up in the back or a drawer after a couple of weeks.

#4 stan4th

stan4th

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

My wife was interested in some sort of fitness watch so this could have been ideal - if it doesn't do quite what she wants I could have programmed it to!!!

Each deal is supposed to be for 2 weeks. Maybe they hit the limit on coupons quicker than they thought. If any Netduino users want to see if my coupon code is reusable, please PM me.

I ordered one. However I suspect that it's one of those things that seems cool initially, you write some "see if I can read the accelerometer in my watch" code, and then you struggle to find anything actually useful to do with it. It'll probably end up in the back or a drawer after a couple of weeks.

#5 JonnyBoats

JonnyBoats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPhillips, ME

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

I ordered and received one. As a watch goes, it is extremely thick and heavy. It definitely scores major geek points though :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.