Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Behavior is different when network cabe is in

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JKamil

JKamil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hi, I wrote some netduino plus "driver" for ultrasonic rangefinder. It is rather simple, it uses interruptions, from the 0->1 timestamp to the 1->0 timestamp. It works only when network cable is not plugged in. When the cable is in, the output is allmost allways wrong - it tells that there is something in 150 cm ( instead of 400 cm which is mesure when cable is not plugged in ). Are there some changes in timings/ frequency / latency when the cable is in? Is there some kind of workaronds, as I bought the plus version so I could send measured data over LAN...

#2 Stefan W.

Stefan W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

Hi,

I wrote some netduino plus "driver" for ultrasonic rangefinder. It is rather simple, it uses interruptions, from the 0->1 timestamp to the 1->0 timestamp. It works only when network cable is not plugged in. When the cable is in, the output is allmost allways wrong - it tells that there is something in 150 cm ( instead of 400 cm which is mesure when cable is not plugged in ).

Are there some changes in timings/ frequency / latency when the cable is in?

Is there some kind of workaronds, as I bought the plus version so I could send measured data over LAN...

I recall a post in this forum that the analog inputs behave oddly when the network cable is plugged in ... do you have the input on an analog input port of the netduino plus?

Cheers,
Stefan
I believe that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.
-- H.L. Mencken, "What I Believe"

#3 JKamil

JKamil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

I recall a post in this forum that the analog inputs behave oddly when the network cable is plugged in ... do you have the input on an analog input port of the netduino plus?

Cheers,
Stefan

No, all four rangefinders are connected to the D0 - D7 ports... So maybe "Interrupts on digital inputs behave oddly when network cable plugged in"

#4 Valkyrie-MT

Valkyrie-MT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

No, all four rangefinders are connected to the D0 - D7 ports... So maybe "Interrupts on digital inputs behave oddly when network cable plugged in"

What firmware version are you using? If it's an older version, you might have the problem mentioned here.

If that is the problem, the workaround is to avoid using the D2 input. Or just upgrade the firmware.

-Valkyrie-MT

#5 Valkyrie-MT

Valkyrie-MT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

Duplicate post.

#6 JKamil

JKamil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

What firmware version are you using? If it's an older version, you might have the problem mentioned
If that is the problem, the workaround is to avoid using the D2 input. Or just upgrade the firmware.

-Valkyrie-MT

Ive tried it in the default 4. something firmware, and later in 4.2. Still the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.