Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

PIX-6T4 Game Console

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Where did you order the kit?

I tried it at http://nwazet.com/pix6t4 but it didn't accept my shipping address (not in the USA). I texted Fabien, he helped me out somewhere ;)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#22 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Where did you order the kit?

Hi Mario,

You can get the kit from: http://nwazet.com/pix6t4

...and hacking it is totally fine with me: in fact, it is kind of the point of this console and is encouraged ;)

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#23 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

I tried it at http://nwazet.com/pix6t4 but it didn't accept my shipping address (not in the USA). I texted Fabien, he helped me out somewhere ;)

The Google checkout settings causing this issue should no longer be a problem but if you run into difficulties, please use the contact page on the site.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#24 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

Well, I got mine, and wrote my first game, Nom nom! Download @ http://stefan.co/ele...nics/downloads/
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!

#25 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Nicely done, Stefan! I love it :) It's great to see a growing library of classic games for the console. With your permission, I'll include 'Nom Nom' in the standard PIX-6T4 distribution. Thanks, Cheers, -Fabien.

#26 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Nicely done, Stefan! I love it :)
It's great to see a growing library of classic games for the console.
With your permission, I'll include 'Nom Nom' in the standard PIX-6T4 distribution.

Sure, go ahead :)

#27 meterMan

meterMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Im fascinated by the PIX 6T4 game console. The only thing holding me back from getting one is the process of learning how to get the ideas in my head onto the 64 pixels of the PIX, and interfacing with the thumbsticks. The Game Programming Tutorial by Pete Brown is a bit too advanced to start off with. I need baby steps! For example, moving a single pixel around using a thumbstick, and pressing the stick to 'drop' the pixel. How simple would this be to code? So is there a bytesized guide for getting started on the PIX 6T4?

#28 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

For example, moving a single pixel around using a thumbstick, and pressing the stick to 'drop' the pixel. How simple would this be to code?

You mean like snake? :)

#29 meterMan

meterMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

When is the PiX6T4 book coming out?

#30 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

The PIX-6T4 book is not quite finished yet (Bertrand and I have been insanely busy these past few months). We'll likely release what we have written so far as an open source book as soon as we can breathe a bit. Cheers, -Fabien.

#31 meterMan

meterMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Excellent! I look forward to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.