Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Where do I get the address from?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZakieM

ZakieM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

I am using the code from http://www.schuurmans.cc/tag/webserver on my new Netduino Plus. I am getting IP address of 192.168.5.100 and in the debugger I see that DHCP is enabled (the code from WebServer.cs and ListInterfaces function is showing iface with that IP and IsDhcpEnabled as 1.
My network is 192.168.2.XX and I know my router gives good IP addresses to other devices connected to same Ethernet cable...

Since the DGW is 192.168.5.1 too, I suspect this is some sort of default somewhere... but could not find it.

Can someone direct me to where the problem might be?
Zakie Mashiah
Just a curious guy

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

Hi ZakieM, It sounds like the lwIP networking stack is unable to retrieve a valid address--so it's defaulting to this "default" address. Or the network settings are set up for static IP instead of DHCP. Can you try opening up MFDeploy and going to "Target menu > Configuration > Network" -- and seeing what your network settings are? Chris

#3 ZakieM

ZakieM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

Thanks Chris for your prompt reply and help. Eventually issue resolved.

In MFDeploy main window chose USB instead of Serial, then went to Target menu as you said above, DHCP was on, turned it off set static values that made sense and it did not work. After setting DHCP on again, it started working. I guess something was in zombie mode before.

Now on to do the project: Electricity cabinet monitoring.
Zakie Mashiah
Just a curious guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.