Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Power output question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nightlynx

nightlynx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:25 AM

So the specs say the following: digital pins 2, 3, 7: 16 mA per pin analog pins 0-3: 2 mA per pin microcontroller max current: 200 mA total however does this include the power output pins for 5v and 3.3v on J6 pins 2 and 3? are they part of the microcontroller or a separate system and if so what's the max current they can output? I just want to be sure before I try and draw too much current through them. Thanks! ..and I stuck this in the wrong forum :( my bad

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

These figures do not include the power outputs for the 5V and 3.3V pins. The LDO power regulators are rated for 800mA--but that is the "top end" and includes power for all the digital pins plus the Atmel MCU, power LED, and user LED. As long as you aren't pulling more than a few hundred extra mA off the 3.3V/5V pins, you should be fine. Just remember the 800mA absolute limit (and watch out for heat if you go that high)--and use a multimeter to measure current draw if in doubt. Also, you'll need to use an AC adapter if drawing more than a few hundred mA (as USB can only support so much). ...and I moved this topic to the right forum for you. No worries :) Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.