Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Where to find information

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mwalimu

mwalimu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

I bought a netduino mini a few months ago and started playing with it. I managed to get a blinking led from the tutorial, but the lack of a manual or any information is frustrating. Is there anyplace to go to figure things out?

#2 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:52 AM

Welcome in the forum!

There is a brand new wiki:
http://sandbox.netduino.com/

For the C# language there is tons of samples on the web, but here is the official reference:
http://msdn.microsof...y/kx37x362.aspx

Best bet you can do being a novice, is purchasing this book:
http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_b_1
Some sections are for experts, but I think it could be a good reading anyway.

Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#3 Dan Morphis

Dan Morphis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

Honestly, this forum is a great place to get answers from. What kind of things are you having issues with?

#4 mwalimu

mwalimu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

I don't have issues, I have questions. Lot's of them. For instance. My mini sits in the socket formerly occupied by a BASIC STAMP on a BOEBOT. I'd like to control two continuous servos. It can't be too hard, something like PMW(period, pulse width). But, syntax matters, and I have no idea what it is. What about I2C, Analog, etc. What exactly is threading. I'm sure that the answers are simple, but I would rather not pester people for answers I could easily look up myself. AND, as you propbably all know, one question leads to another and another and another... I have as much fun looking things up and following where they lead as I do creating projects. In fact it usually leads to another project. So. What gives with the lack of a manual?

#5 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:45 AM

mwalimu, the syntax is C#. If you need documentation about that, there are really a lot of books about it, and there's a lot of online documentation. The same for threading, that's a part of the language. See also http://wiki.microfra...x.php/Main_Page for example. I agree better documentation could be written for the Netduino itself but I know some people are working on that for the wiki, so expect some nice samples and documentation soon!
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:46 AM

Hi mwalimu, Netduino is a deployment device for the .NET Micro Framework. There are lots of resources (reference guide, tutorials, etc.) for .NET MF--but perhaps we should create a larger "getting started" guide for the hardware itself? Chris

#7 Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

perhaps we should create a larger "getting started" guide for the hardware itself?

That too :)
Started with C in 1985, moved to Vb3 ... to vb6 and stopped. Now started with .Net and learning C# and VB.net and wishing VB.net was on MF !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.