Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

pH sensor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MattEric

MattEric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

Anyone know anything about hooking up a pH sensor to Netduino? Trying to source, and then control, an in-line micro sensor. I've read a little about ISFET probes.

#2 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

Anyone know anything about hooking up a pH sensor to Netduino? Trying to source, and then control, an in-line micro sensor.

You can have a look at phduino project for inspiration. pH meter is basically a millivoltmeter, pH probes (both glass and ISFET) output voltage depending on the value of pH (i.e. several millivolts per pH unit), so you need to amplify the voltage with operational amplifier circuit and then wire it to microcontroller analog input (A/D converter). For precise measurements, you'd also need calibration and temperature compensation.

#3 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

I've read a little about ISFET probes.

You can get ISFET probes (and meters) at ISFETCOM (also note their claim about copycats). Depending on your usage scenario, you may need industrial grade probes (long-term immersion, food industry etc.), which are rather expensive...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.