Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Is there a netduino SDK documantation available?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 awaiK

awaiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

Hi, is there a documentation for the netduino sdk's classes available? If it's not, will it be in future?

#2 awaiK

awaiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

I wonder why the netduino classes have a method called Dispose() but do not implement IDisposable.
Because of that no using statement can be used.

Is there a reason why IDisposable is not implemented?

#3 awaiK

awaiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

A document which lists the pin's functions (UART, etc.) would be great.

#4 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

A document which lists the pin's functions (UART, etc.) would be great.

Have a look here: Netduino Pinout Diagrams

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hi awaiK,

We should have documentation available for the v4.1.1 classes when v4.1.1 is officially release.

Most of the classes are in the .NET MF core. Documentation at Microsoft.com

In the meantime, if you have any questions about the AnalogInput, PWM, StorageDevice, or DeploymentTransport classes...just ask and we'll be happy to help.

Chris

#6 awaiK

awaiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Have a look here: Netduino Pinout Diagrams

Thanks, exactly what I'm looking for.

#7 awaiK

awaiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

[...] We should have documentation available for the v4.1.1 classes when v4.1.1 is officially release.

Sounds good.

[...] In the meantime, if you have any questions about the AnalogInput, PWM, StorageDevice, or DeploymentTransport classes...just ask and we'll be happy to help. [...]

May you can point out why your classes (AnalogInput, PWM, etc.) provide a method called Dispose(), but do not implement the IDisposable interface.

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

May you can point out why your classes (AnalogInput, PWM, etc.) provide a method called Dispose(), but do not implement the IDisposable interface.

That was an error in their original implementation. To make it easy to update to v4.1.1, we have not updated the interfaces (lest we create versioning issues for Visual Studio).

This has been fixed in the v4.2 SDK, which will ship alongside .NET MF 4.2 later this year.

Chris

#9 daverathbone

daverathbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hi Chris,

As a C# developer, I fully understand most of the Microsoft Net functions. However your implantation for the Netduino Plus 2 will have special syntax for all of the board / CPU pin functions. The question most asked on this site is there a SDK/API for your added functions.

E.G.

1)  UART , Board rate , protocol TX and RX pins etc.

2) General IO Pins , Tri-state , pull up / down resistors

3) PWM structure and pin selection 

4) I2C structure CAN Structure

5) A To D and if any D to A structure

6) Flash , Memory card basic to .net System I/O

7) Timers, Watch Dog

8) Other CPU ST hardware features.

All of this will not be found by the user looking in MSDN, as the only Microsoft bit is the ARM.net port from X86.net (32 bit and 64bit?)

probably first started by MS for the Spot project. I'm not sure if Microsoft even gave value to the ARM embedded microcontroller market?

Which gave rise to so many Linux clones, Android , Raspberry PI to name just a few.

Windows CE, Windows Embedded is now just land fill.... Windows 8 mobile / RTC well that's just another none standard ARM product!

The "Glue" firmware added by Secret Labs is a real way forward for .net to breach a massive "Smart" microcontroller world, working with Microsoft's huge PC code base (even if MS does not seam to care about it) 

Please make your API stand out when MSDN's is lost in space.

Best Regards

Any pointers for me will help others looking at this reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.