i2c master to .NET - General Discussion - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

i2c master to .NET

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ehel

ehel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSkövde, Sweden

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

I have used the i2cmaster.h when i was working with arduino. Now i try to convert it to C# but i dont understand it.
Can some pleas help me convert this code to c#.

int dev = 0x5A<<1;
int data_low = 0;
int data_high = 0;
int pec = 0;
i2c_start_wait(dev+I2C_WRITE);
i2c_write(0x07);

i2c_rep_start(dev+I2C_READ);
data_low = i2c_readAck(); //Read 1 byte and then send ack
data_high = i2c_readAck(); //Read 1 byte and then send ack
pec = i2c_readNak();
i2c_stop();

#2 demonGeek

demonGeek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:40 AM

I have used the i2cmaster.h when i was working with arduino. Now i try to convert it to C# but i dont understand it.
Can some pleas help me convert this code to c#.

Having just figured out I2C myself, I can tell you that you don't have the same (low) level of control over I2C in C# (NETMF). The I2CTransaction wraps the complexities of the protocol and handles the start/stop/acks for you.

Here's some basic test code that I used to read/write a 24LC32A serial EEPROM:

public static void Main()
{
	byte[] buffer = new byte[1];
	int bytesWritten = 0;

// Create the I2C device (device address: 0x54, clock rate: 50Khz)
	I2CDevice.Configuration i2cConfig = new I2CDevice.Configuration(0x54, 50);
	I2CDevice eeprom = new I2CDevice(i2cConfig);

// Write the letter 'A' (0x41) to address 0x0000 on the eeprom
	I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[] writeTx = new I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[] { CreateWriteTransaction(new byte[] { 0x00, 0x00, 0x41 }, 0, 0) };
	bytesWritten = eeprom.Execute(writeTx, 1000);

// Read the byte at address 0x0000 on the eeprom
	I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[]  readTx = new I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[] { CreateReadTransaction(buffer, 0x0000, 2) };
	do { bytesWritten = eeprom.Execute(readTx, 1000); } while (bytesWritten == 0);

Debug.Print(buffer[0].ToString());

Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);
}

#region see: http://forums.netduino.com/index.php?/topic/944-i2c-internaladdress-repeated-start-bit-support/

static I2CDevice.I2CWriteTransaction CreateWriteTransaction(byte[] buffer, uint internalAddress, byte internalAddressSize)
{
	I2CDevice.I2CWriteTransaction writeTransaction = I2CDevice.CreateWriteTransaction(buffer);
	Type writeTransactionType = typeof(I2CDevice.I2CWriteTransaction);

FieldInfo fieldInfo = writeTransactionType.GetField("Custom_InternalAddress", BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Instance);
	fieldInfo.SetValue(writeTransaction, internalAddress);

fieldInfo = writeTransactionType.GetField("Custom_InternalAddressSize", BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Instance);
	fieldInfo.SetValue(writeTransaction, internalAddressSize);

return writeTransaction;
}

static I2CDevice.I2CReadTransaction CreateReadTransaction(byte[] buffer, uint internalAddress, byte internalAddressSize)
{
	I2CDevice.I2CReadTransaction readTransaction = I2CDevice.CreateReadTransaction(buffer);
	Type readTransactionType = typeof(I2CDevice.I2CReadTransaction);

FieldInfo fieldInfo = readTransactionType.GetField("Custom_InternalAddress", BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Instance);
	fieldInfo.SetValue(readTransaction, internalAddress);

fieldInfo = readTransactionType.GetField("Custom_InternalAddressSize", BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Instance);
	fieldInfo.SetValue(readTransaction, internalAddressSize);

return readTransaction;
}

#endregion

Make sure you have the 4.1.1 ALPHA 7 firmware.

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.