Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Firmware v4.1.0 (update 6)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:56 AM

Here is the Netduino firmware. This is a recommended update for existing users. Version: 4.1.0 Update 6 (version 4.1.0.6) With this firmware, you will have the following resources available for your code: 128KB Flash 62KB+ RAM This firmware includes the following updates: 1. Enhanced Parallels, VMWare, and VirtualBox compatibility 2. Garbage collection 'status messages' updated 3. Visual Studio debugger should connect to Netduino easier during deployment (on non-virtual machines) 4. Bugfixes: SerialPort.DataReceived event should now fire properly 5. Bugfixes: SerialPort.Read() timeout now implemented properly 6. Bugfixes: Misc. SPI bugfixes To find the current version of your Netduino firmware: 1. Go to the Start Menu > Programs > Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.1 > Tools 2. Run MFDeploy.exe. Be careful to run MFDeploy.exe and not MFDeploy.exe.config (as file extensions are hidden by default) 3. Plug your Netduino into your PC using a Micro USB cable. 4. In the Device section at top, select USB instead of Serial. Your Netduino should appear in the drop-down; if not, select it. 5. Select the Target menu, Device Capabilities option. 6. In the output box, find the "SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion" value. This is your firmware version. Users of firmware version 4.1.0.5 or earlier may update to this new firmware using the MFDeploy tool: 1. Download and unzip the attached file to a directory on your computer. 2. Go to the Start Menu > Programs > Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.1 > Tools 3. Run MFDeploy.exe. Be careful to run MFDeploy.exe and not MFDeploy.exe.config (as file extensions are hidden by default) 4. Plug your Netduino into your PC using a Micro USB cable. If your Netduino does not connect successfully, try plugging the USB cable into your Netduino first...and then your PC. 5. In the Device section at top, select USB instead of Serial. Your Netduino should appear in the drop-down; if not, select it. 6. Click "Browse..." and select the unzipped files from step #1 (ER_CONFIG and ER_FLASH). 7. Press "Deploy". It will take a few minutes to update your Netduino. The following previous updates are also included in this release: 1. USB and serial deployment now selectable via software tool 2. Garbage collection 'status messages' updated 3. USB enumeration update to enable limited "test" VM usage on Mac/Linux (Parallels, VMWare Fusion and Oracle VirtualBox) 4. Includes .NET MF 4.1 QFE1 firmware updates 5. .NET MF 4.1 Post-QFE1 HAL bugfixes 5. Bugfix: Multiple AnalogInputs may now be used simultaneously 6. Bugfix: GlitchFilter parameter of InterruptPort now works properly 7. Bugfix: Plugging in the Netduino via external power sometimes disabled the USB connector 8. Enhancement: Netduino had trouble working with some types of MicroUSB cables

Attached Files

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:59 AM

Some users may erase their Netduinos completely to use them as low-cost ARM development boards or to otherwise tinker. In this case, it will necessary to redeploy the TinyBooter bootloader before redeploying the Netduino firmware. To use the new "USB and serial - deployment selection" feature, you'll need to erase your Netduino and reflash the v4.1.0.5 or later bootloader as well. The TinyBooter booloader (v4.1.0.6) is attached to this post for your convenience.

Attached Files

#3 Mati

Mati

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

For some reason, my Netduino got stuck in "Connecting to Tinybooter". After some minutes without response, I unplugged the USB cable and the MFDeploy thrown an exception. Anyway, I've ran MFDeploy again, this time I went to the "Target" menu and clicked on "Connect" (or simply press F5). After connecting to the device, the deployment started instantly. Now itwas stuck in "Executing Application" for some minutes, so I physically reconnected my Netduino, and after getting the device caps it showed me the right version. Hope this might help for others who encounter such behaviour.
Windows XP SP3, Q6600.

#4 Hiram

Hiram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Chris, does the file attached above (NetduinoFirmware_v4.1.0.6.zip) include the firmware for the ND+? Thanks.

#5 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Chris, does the file attached above (NetduinoFirmware_v4.1.0.6.zip) include the firmware for the ND+? Thanks.

Hi,

You can find that firmware @ http://forums.netdui...-v410-update-6/
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#6 Hiram

Hiram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Hi,

You can find that firmware @ http://forums.netdui...-v410-update-6/

Thank You!!

#7 voidmain

voidmain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Any chance someone could upload the 4.2.x stuff here? I have not been able to find and download it yet. I really want to code in Visual Basic. I'm so freaking happy to find and buy this device for .Net. Thanks in advance for the help.

#8 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

Any chance someone could upload the 4.2.x stuff here? I have not been able to find and download it yet. I really want to code in Visual Basic. I'm so freaking happy to find and buy this device for .Net. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi Voidmain and welcome to the netduino forums!

The 4.2 files can be found in the beta section of this forum: http://forums.netdui...re-and-drivers/
Good luck!
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.