Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

LoL shield

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trustme

trustme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Hello.. this is very exciting. I have never played with arduino either. Can the Netduino work with the LoL shield? The LoL description refers to a library that must be installed. http://code.google.com/p/lolshield/ Is that required? Or can the C# code perform these same functions as the library etc? Thanks for your patience. Lots to learn!

#2 Websteria

Websteria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hello.. this is very exciting.

I have never played with arduino either. Can the Netduino work with the LoL shield? The LoL description refers to a library that must be installed.
http://code.google.com/p/lolshield/

Is that required? Or can the C# code perform these same functions as the library etc?

Thanks for your patience. Lots to learn!

It appears right now that a lot of the shields will work, but the drivers would need to be rewritten for the .NET MF. I'm not sure how hard this is, as I've not worked with the Arduino, but if someone writes up a tutorial I'd be happy to start doing this!

#3 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:55 AM

Pretty much ALL Arduino compatible shields work, but right now there aren't a ton of NETMF drivers at this point. As the Netduino and similar products continue to thrive in the hobby environment, you will see a very large increase in the availability of component drivers. That said, coding a driver is an excellent way to learn how NETMF and your dev board of choice work. So, if you don't find a driver, code it yourself and give back to the community!

#4 trustme

trustme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:29 AM

Thanks very much... that is what I hoped would be the answer. I feel that as long as the hardware works, I should be able to get the software to work (with help from the community)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.