Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Building firmware with VS2010 - stuck

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

..., I have to erase flash. I do it by connecting 3.3V on ND to a spot near onboard LED for ~3 seconds. Is this necessary or is there a simpler way to deploy TinyBooterDecompressor?

The ERASE pad must be connected to 3.3 V (logic High) for at least 220 ms :-) I think I tried to deploy TinyBooterDecompressor.hex using MFDeploy and it worked. But the documentation says that bootstrap blocks cannot be overwritten, so I would rather suggest you using SAM-BA for this, as it is the official and supported way.

And, I want to report, that I've successfully deployed the vanilla firmware I've built (with a lot of help from you guys!). So now, I can get back to LCD tinkering and see what the heck is going on with this KS108B of mine.

Congrats! Now, you just need to make the LCD driver feature appear in SolutionWizard so you can enable it, rebuild the firmware and you are done (as described in readme.txt enclosed in KS0108_Driver.zip).

#22 Miha

Miha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:07 AM

Congrats! Now, you just need to make the LCD driver feature appear in SolutionWizard so you can enable it, rebuild the firmware and you are done (as described in readme.txt enclosed in KS0108_Driver.zip).

Well, congrats go to you, mostly! :)

I did all that, and unfortunately it does not work :(. I've described it here.

Miha

#23 jcoffman98

jcoffman98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

Just curious has anyone tried gcc 4.6, and if so does it produce smaller images?

#24 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hi jcoffman98,

Just curious has anyone tried gcc 4.6, and if so does it produce smaller images?

I know that a few community members have been working on GCC 4.6 support for NETMF... I believe that the compiled images are smaller, but I'm not sure how much smaller. It would be fantastic if GCC could get code down to RVDS-type sizes :)

Chris

#25 jcoffman98

jcoffman98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hi jcoffman98,

I know that a few community members have been working on GCC 4.6 support for NETMF... I believe that the compiled images are smaller, but I'm not sure how much smaller. It would be fantastic if GCC could get code down to RVDS-type sizes :)

Chris

Hi Chris,

I plan on trying to use 4.6.3 and see how far I get building NETMF 4.2. I am very interested in getting the size down as my target is actually ND+ with the tcp_ip stack. I was going to use the ND+ 4.2 RC3 firmware you have posted on the forums as a starting point, unless you think RC5 would be better.

Thanks,

Jeff

#26 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Hi Jeff,

I plan on trying to use 4.6.3 and see how far I get building NETMF 4.2. I am very interested in getting the size down as my target is actually ND+ with the tcp_ip stack. I was going to use the ND+ 4.2 RC3 firmware you have posted on the forums as a starting point, unless you think RC5 would be better.

I would run with the 4.2 RC3 firmware for now. [Also, check out the Netduino Go firmware...there are some patches in there for the newer GCC as well, if those help you.]

There's a new QFE2 patch coming from Microsoft, which will be the basis of the Netduino 4.2 RC6 firmware. Once that ships, I'd recommend updating your GCC build to use the newer code.

Chris

#27 jcoffman98

jcoffman98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hi Jeff,

I would run with the 4.2 RC3 firmware for now. [Also, check out the Netduino Go firmware...there are some patches in there for the newer GCC as well, if those help you.]

There's a new QFE2 patch coming from Microsoft, which will be the basis of the Netduino 4.2 RC6 firmware. Once that ships, I'd recommend updating your GCC build to use the newer code.

Chris

I was able to build with 4.5.2 without to many issues although the images are still really to large with tcp/ip. Could I get access to v4.2 RC3 firmware if possible? Its no longer on the download site.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.