Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Spare pin on Digital Header 2 usage.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coleg12

coleg12

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:24 AM

Hello,

According to Netduino P2 schematic pin 8 on Digital Header 2 (upper right part of the diagram, the one with digital I/0 8-13) is not connected to anything on the board as per my understanding. Could somebody either confirm it or correct me please.

I'm considering to connect it to 5V pin by jump wire and use single cable from that header to connect to Paralax motion sensors as an convenient way to have digital input, ground (pin 7 on that header) and 5V through one cable.

Is this way of modifying board advisable? Is any risk to the board by such modification? I can make another cable from Power Header to supply power to sensors as alternative of course.

Thanks in advance for any input!

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:52 AM

Pin 8 (AREF) is used to supply the analogue reference voltage to the Arduino boards.  On the Netduino P2 the board uses the onboard 3.3V supply for the analogue reference voltage.  This means that there is no need to connect this pin.

Regards,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 coleg12

coleg12

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:19 AM

Thanks, Mark for your input!

Looks to me as it's fine  to proceed on Netduino P2 board, but be aware that it might be problem on other boards. 

Regards,

Oleg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.