Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

2 Potentiometers = Freeze-ups

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bradygaster

bradygaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

I'm a relative noob to the Netduino but I've googled this and can't find an answer anywhere. I have two potentiometers connected to my Netduino on A0 and A1. When I try to read values from both of them, or even when I try to connect both in my software, the Netduino will freeze and I'll have to revert to using the MFDeploy.exe tool over and over again to reset the Netduino to pre-boot mode. I can't ascertain if there's anything weird I'm doing in my code. Basically, I start a while loop and then try to read from one potentiometer, then the other. I've tried variations on this but it won't work at all. My code will read from one of them at a time, but never from both. I can't even run the code that wires them both up or the Netduino will freeze. I've even tried putting in random Thread.Sleep calls, thinking maybe I'm trying to process the information too quickly. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, as I'm quite lost here. Seems like this should work, but no dice. Let me know if you need to see the code, it is quite basic and does little more than call the InputPort.Read() method. Nothing big. Thanks in advance if anyone has any input. I'd much rather handle an event than read in a loop, but I'm open to suggestions.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:54 AM

Hi bradygaster, Do you have one of the first Netduinos? There was a firmware bug which could cause this. Are you running v4.1.0.5 or newer firmware? Chris

#3 bill.french

bill.french

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

Post the code when you get a chance.

#4 bradygaster

bradygaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:49 AM

I am indeed using one of the first Netduinos, not one of the Plus versions. I hope to acquire one of those rather soon. I'll try upgrading the firmware on the device I have, hopefully that'll do the trick. I'll also post the code as soon as I'm back at that computer. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.