Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

System.NullReferenceException occurred in Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.CC3100

.NETMF 4.4 Netduino SDK 4.3.2.2

Best Answer shiv.kumar, 26 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

In order to configure the Wi-Fi (as HSven1611 mentioned), one has to use th eMFDeploy tool. One can find this tool in the .NET Micro framework SDK (something I didn't know about - that is where to find it). for the SDK version 4.3 it can be found here

C?:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\Tools\

Once I found it, I was able to configure the Wi-Fi with the DNS server's IP address as well as the WPA  from the Target | Configuration | Network menu option. The dialog presented has the fields you'll need to fill in. Make sure your device is connected to your PC.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shiv.kumar

shiv.kumar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:12 PM

I have an empty (no code) NetDuinoApplication project (VS 2015).

Running it, I get this exception

an unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in Netduino.IP.Linklayers.CC3100

I don't have the Wi-Fi configured (Not able to figure out how to get that to work). The Wi-Fi light it yellow/orange).

What could be wrong? Also, how can I configure the Wi-Fi on the board?

#2 HSven1611

HSven1611

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

Configuring the WiFi is done by using the MFDeploy tool. You'll have to connect to your Netduino first and then you are able to change it's network settings.

I don't have that stuff installed here so I cannot upload a screenshot. Sorry for that.

Regards

Sven

#3 shiv.kumar

shiv.kumar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:38 PM   Best Answer

In order to configure the Wi-Fi (as HSven1611 mentioned), one has to use th eMFDeploy tool. One can find this tool in the .NET Micro framework SDK (something I didn't know about - that is where to find it). for the SDK version 4.3 it can be found here

C?:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\Tools\

Once I found it, I was able to configure the Wi-Fi with the DNS server's IP address as well as the WPA  from the Target | Configuration | Network menu option. The dialog presented has the fields you'll need to fill in. Make sure your device is connected to your PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.