To answer your questions:
Netduino 3 WiFi firmware version:
As of the current date, the latest version of the firmware for this device is 18.104.22.168
MFDeploy - where do I get it?
There are instructions on the Netduino downloads page on how to setup your development environment. It says to install 4 things, in a specific order:
- MS Visual Studio
- .NET Micro Framework SDK
- .NET MF plug-in
- Netduino SDK
If you've done all of the above, then you'll find MFDeploy by choosing the following from your Start menu (assumes Windows 7) doing either of the following:
- Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.3 -> .NET Micro Framework Deploy Tool (MFDeploy)
- Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.3 -> Tools
Yes, that's what you will see...
Setting Up WiFi Credentials on the Netduino 3 WiFi
In MFDeploy do the following:
- Change device type to USB & make sure your Netduino shows up (mine shows Netduino3_Netduino)
- Do a ping just to make sure it's responding; you should see the ack discussed above.
- Select Target -> Connect from the menu (you should see a message "Connecting to Netduino3_Netduino... Connected"
- Select Target -> Configuration -> Network from the menu
At this point you should have a dialog box with the heading "Network Configuration" and there will be enterable fields for numerous items. You'll see a Wireless Configuration group box and all the stuff you need to setup (Authentication, Encryption, Radio, Pass phrase, SSID).
Before doing anything, make sure your MAC address hasn't reverted to a default value. Consult the MAC address label on the underside of your Netduino & re-enter it if necessary.
Please see if this all works for you...