3 replies to this topic

#1 shiv.kumar

shiv.kumar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:21 AM

Just got my Netduino 3 Wifi and attempted to apply the 4.3.2.2 update. The first time I updated I could see my Netduino in the MFdeploy tool but I couldn't see anywhere to provide my wireless network credentials.

Anyway, I tried all sorts of things and eventually MFDeploy wasn't seeing my Netduino. So I decided to Erase the flash. I the saw my device (in Device Manager as "STM Device in DFU Mode" when powered on with the button pressed).

However, I did see my Netduino in the Netduino Update tool as Netduino 3 Wi-Fi. so I selected it and updated. I then saw the device in Device manager under "Other Devices" as Netduino 3 W-Fi but with an exclamation icon. I now don't see the device in MFDeploy (selecting USB or any of the others).

What can/should I do next?

#2 shiv.kumar

shiv.kumar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:33 AM

Ok, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the Netduino SDK. I now see the device in MFDeploy as "Netduino3_Netduino". When I ping the devce I see "Pinging...TinyCLR". Is this correct?

Questions:

1. If the Netduino 4.3.2 the latest version?

2. Where can I get MFDeploy? (I think I have an older version that I downloaded from the internet)

In MFDeploy, I see IP setting, but no place to provide credentials for my Wifi. Where am I supposed to be able t see and set these settings?

#3 TechnoGuy

TechnoGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

To answer your questions:

Netduino 3 WiFi firmware version:

As of the current date, the latest version of the firmware for this device is 4.3.2.2

MFDeploy - where do I get it?

There are instructions on the Netduino downloads page on how to setup your development environment.  It says to install 4 things, in a specific order:

1. MS Visual Studio
  2. .NET Micro Framework SDK
  3. .NET MF plug-in
  4. Netduino SDK

If you've done all of the above, then you'll find MFDeploy by choosing the following from your Start menu (assumes Windows 7) doing either of the following:

• Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.3 -> .NET Micro Framework Deploy Tool (MFDeploy)
  • Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.3 -> Tools
Pinging...TinyCLR
Yes, that's what you will see...

Setting Up WiFi Credentials on the Netduino 3 WiFi

In MFDeploy do the following:

1. Change device type to USB & make sure your Netduino shows up (mine shows Netduino3_Netduino)
  2. Do a ping just to make sure it's responding; you should see the ack discussed above.
  3. Select Target -> Connect from the menu (you should see a message "Connecting to Netduino3_Netduino...   Connected"
  4. Select Target -> Configuration -> Network from the menu

At this point you should have a dialog box with the heading "Network Configuration" and there will be enterable fields for numerous items.  You'll see a Wireless Configuration group box and all the stuff you need to setup (Authentication, Encryption, Radio, Pass phrase, SSID).

Before doing anything, make sure your MAC address hasn't reverted to a default value.  Consult the MAC address label on the underside of your Netduino & re-enter it if necessary.

Please see if this all works for you...

- Ian

My Current Dev Boards:

• 3 x Netduino Plus 2
  • 1 x Netduino 3 WiFi

#4 shiv.kumar

shiv.kumar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:08 PM

@TechnoGuy, thank you so much for the detailed explanation of where to find MSDeploy. I think this should be part of the instructions, honestly. This version of MFDeploy, has the screen for setting up the Wi-Fi which also sorts out the other issue I had.

Again, really appreciate the detailed reply. Can we put your reply in a document that can be linked to from the downloads page?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wifi, 4.3.2.2, MfDeploy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.