Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino dead?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 piiper

piiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:05 AM

Hi,

I tried the last two days to port an old application from netduino plus 1 to netduino 3 ethernet and wifi. No success so far. The networking is unreliable, problems with ports, debugger won't attach and so on.

And it looks like the forum is abandoned by the producers.

Anyone else not happy with netduino3 and the new ip stack? My old netduino plus did run 2 years without problems, so this is unacceptable. I think I have abandon this and switch to windows 10 iot on raspberry pi. At least I can reuse some of my code then.

#2 FourT2

FourT2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:55 AM

Like you, I find the lack of activity on these forums concerning.... I hope Netduino is not dead, I really like the platform!

#3 David Weaver

David Weaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBloomington IL

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

The new Netduino 3 wi-fi is a great product!  I hope this is a temporary respite. 

#4 Stari

Stari

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:37 AM

Like you, I find the lack of activity on these forums concerning.... I hope Netduino is not dead, I really like the platform!

Huh, i have worked over 2 years with NetDuino Plus. But, guys, what about Raspberry PI ? I've tested, and , you will not believe, much better, easier and a good support from many forums. So I decided with a heavy heart that I give NetDuino retire. I progranmed in BASIC. I'm now working with a very good B4J (http://www.b4x.com/b4j.html). My life immediately got easier, hehehe.

#5 Ian Lee

Ian Lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:40 AM

I think I have abandon this and switch to windows 10 iot on raspberry pi. At least I can reuse some of my code then.

If you like the NETMF platform then I'd encourage you to take a look at the GHI Electronics boards.  It's the same language and platform you love but with a very active community, professional support, and commercial grade components for comparable prices.  I love the Raspberry Pi too, but its not a microcontroller and doesn't fit the bill for many applications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.