Netduino + Windows Form App - Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1) - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino + Windows Form App

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Hall

Steve Hall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hi ... I'm new to all of this (netduino and C#) so sorry if I use some incorrect terms :) I have managed to get my netduino to run my stepper motor via a Sparkfun Easydriver. At the moment I am using Interupt ports and the onboard switch to "drive" things. ie I count the number of button presses (ie. for reverse motor direction, stop after 5 presses etc.) I've seen a really nice web-page based interface for the netduino plus and I'd like to do something similar using a windows applicatations with the netduino. Essentially I'd like to fill in values (motor direction + number of steps) on a form and submit these to the netuino to send to the easydriver and on to the motor itself. Is this currently possible and/or will it be in the near future. Thanks

#2 KodeDaemon

KodeDaemon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hi ... I'm new to all of this (netduino and C#) so sorry if I use some incorrect terms :)

I have managed to get my netduino to run my stepper motor via a Sparkfun Easydriver. At the moment I am using Interupt ports and the onboard switch to "drive" things. ie I count the number of button presses (ie. for reverse motor direction, stop after 5 presses etc.)

I've seen a really nice web-page based interface for the netduino plus and I'd like to do something similar using a windows applicatations with the netduino. Essentially I'd like to fill in values (motor direction + number of steps) on a form and submit these to the netuino to send to the easydriver and on to the motor itself.

Is this currently possible and/or will it be in the near future.

Thanks

At the moment I believe the USB port is used exclusively for code upload and debugging. I think to change this there needs to be some firmware changes. You will probably need to add a serial interface to communicate as a client to your code.

#3 Joe Griffith

Joe Griffith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

You can't use the USB port on the Netduino but you can connect the PC to the Netduino through a serial port (COM1). Most people use a USB to Serial cable like this one: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9717

#4 Steve Hall

Steve Hall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for the replies. I looked at those serial converters and found a tutorial as well. This may be the way I need to go. Is there plans to allow bi-directional use of the USB cable in the near future ? thanks

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:24 AM

Is there plans to allow bi-directional use of the USB cable in the near future ?

Future, yes. Right now a small number of scenarios work. We're not calling it "supported" until the full UsbClient feature set is supported. There are a few glitches in the core Atmel USB code, but hopefully we can get them sorted out soon.

Chris

#6 Leonard

Leonard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:17 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I looked at those serial converters and found a tutorial as well. This may be the way I need to go.

Is there plans to allow bi-directional use of the USB cable in the near future ?

thanks

Can you post a link to the tutorial you used?

#7 Gandarez

Gandarez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo/Brazil

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:18 AM

Hi, Look my topic... http://forums.netdui...sb-in-netduino/

#8 dudesz

dudesz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I looked at those serial converters and found a tutorial as well. This may be the way I need to go.

thanks

Hi Steve, can u post the links for the tutorial of those serial converters? thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.