Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Minimum Vin Power

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 icabodcam

icabodcam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

I'm prototyping a power meter for an unattended remote system.  The power system in the device is 24VDC, and I've got some other 12VDC items in there, but I really don't want to put any more drain on the battery system.  So I'm thinking of powering the ND+2 with a LiPo system.  I've been looking at Adafruit's PowerBoost 500 shield as a pretty good plug and go solution, with the exception that if I'm not wrong the Vin pin requires a minimum of 7.5VDC, and the powerboost is providing only 5VDC.   Can someone verify if I can power the ND+2 from Vin with as little as 5V? 

---EDIT---

I just remembered that I've experienced this before.  5V won't work, so I'm changing my question. 

Has anyone else found a solution for powering from a rechargeable battery?

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:16 PM

I think you can power with 5V.

The barrel jack input is a minimum of 7.5V but the 5V header pin can take 5V.  You just need to make sure you get the regulation right.

Regards,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 KiwiDev

KiwiDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:17 AM

Hi 

I use a solar charger shield (plus a suitably sized battery & optional solar panel) from Seeedstudio as a "UPS" for my Azure IoT FIeld gateway Netduino devices.

http://www.seeedstud...v22-p-2391.html

Regards

@KiwiBryn

blog.devmobile.co.nz

#4 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

I use a solar charger shield (plus a suitably sized battery & optional solar panel) from Seeedstudio as a "UPS" for my Azure IoT FIeld gateway Netduino devices.

http://www.seeedstud...v22-p-2391.html

That look nifty.

Regards,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.