Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Using SAM-BA to reflash the bootloader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kevinn

Kevinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hi Randster,There is one more possible thing we can do here. If this doesn't work, then it's most likely that component(s) on your Netduino were damaged. If you're surface-mount-soldering skilled, using a multimeter may help you narrow down and replace the burnt-out part. Otherwise, your Netduino might need a new brother.Let's try this first:1. Power up your Netudino.2. Plug a jumper wire into the 3.3V header3. Touch the other end of that jumper wire to the ERASE pad in the top-right corner of your Netduino (the gold pad right underneath the digital 0 pin). Hold it there, and maybe run it back and forth across the pad for about 1 second.4. Power down your Netduino...and then plug it back in (into your PC).5. Does it get detected? As an "Atmel" device? Or perhaps a COM port? If so, you can use SAM-BA to reflash the bootloader and hopefully the .NET MF firmware.Chris

This is embarrassing...

I inadvertently erased the firmware on my Netduino Plus :\ (in my defense I'm a newb)
Now I can't reconnect using MFDeploy.
I've tried following the instructions from http://forums.netdui..._7400#entry7400

"5. Does it get detected? As an "Atmel" device? Or perhaps a COM port? If so, you can use SAM-BA to reflash the bootloader and hopefully the .NET MF firmware."

In my case MFDeploy still doesn't see anything on the USB, but SAM-BA sees "\usb\AMR0"

My question is - How do I reflash the bootloader? Either with SAM-BA or MFDeploy.

#2 Illishar

Illishar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

OZ has made a nice video in this thread: http://forums.netdui...ch__1#entry5728 (Almost at the bottom.) ... how do I link to a specifique post I wonder ...

#3 Kevinn

Kevinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

It worked! Great video from OZ. If you could see the smile on my face... :) Great learning process. I did twice a) to understand the process and B) the issue mentioned below. However, I seem to have inherited a problem I never had before and that is whenever a reboot command is issued it locks up! On one reboot I managed to get a "Cannot find any entrypoint!"

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hi Kevinn, Very glad that you're up and running again :) "Cannot find any entrypoint!" is .NET MF terminology for ".NET MF doesn't have a program to run". Can you PING the device from MFDeploy? If you deploy an application from Visual Studio, does it run? Chris

#5 Kevinn

Kevinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

I've reverted back to Firmware v4.1.0.5 and all works fine now. The lockup I was experiencing was with Firmware v4.1.1.0a5. I could deploy my own application, but the N+ would lockup when VS issued a reboot. When I used MFDeploy it would lockup when I issued a "Reboot CLR". The only way I could overcome this was to unplug the board from the USB. After I did that my app would run ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.