Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Wifi DAQ server with hardware driven adc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 loulblades

loulblades

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

To all,

I am somewhat new to the Netduino world but not to DAQ.

I am interested in developing a net server (via wifi) to do relatively precision ADC samples by using one of the processor's timers to set the sample rate.

I would like to take a burst sample at ~4K/s rate of (currently) undetermined number of samples and DMA (possibly) it to the SD card (probably in files named by the start sample time).  The client would come in at some interval and download the data if any were available.

I have looked through many of the projects and figure I have the server worked out (more or less) but it looks like I need to get at the ST processor and wondered if there any drivers available that allow me to get at the processor internals (in a somewhat easy fashion), since I do not see anything in the SDK to do this..

There is no doubt in my mind I will have more questions.

TIA

Lou

"I've never seen that one before" - Programmer's famous last words

"Should I be offended that you labelled that particular feature a bug" - Me

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:43 PM

Hi Lou,

Generally speaking, NETMF abstracts away the MCU registers--instead giving you a unified IO object model that works across lots of different families of microcontrollers.

You can certainly add in some native code functionality in the NETMF source itself (with interop classes, HAL, etc.) but this isn't something you can do today (ADC sampling with DMA, etc.) from managed code.

As Llilum progresses, we may be able to support some scenarios along these lines from C#...but that project is a proof of concept at this point.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.