Fails to reconnect debugger
Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:46 PM
I am having a heck of a time getting consistent communication with my N+2 in VS2012. I have installed the new SL drivers, installed the VS plugin, NETMF 4.3 QFE2, most recent secretlabs SDK, and flashed my ND countless times. I have even ordered a brand new board, just in case there was something wrong with the hardware. I get all sorts of issues when attempting to debug (like even communicating with the ND at all), but very consistently I am wrestling with issues after assemblies are deployed, while attempting to reattach the debugger. I am fairly certain my code is not the issue, as occasionally it will deploy and properly debug. I have used new USB cables, and attempted in USB 2.0 & 3.0 ports. I have even go so far as to remove all portions of NETMF and secretlabs software and start fresh. This seems to be a new issue for me with the rollout of 4.3.2. I am running up against a deadline with this project, and spending the better part of a week connecting my ND was not an anticipated delay. Hopefully someone else has had this same issue, and can point me in the right direction. I should note that I never seem to have an issue communicating with MFDeploy, only when attempting to debug in VS.
Output in VS
Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:02 AM
So I have come to find that I can run the debug in VS until it disconnects, cycle power on the ND, and watch what would normally be my output window in MFDeploy. Not at all the most efficient way to do things, but at least with a little extra output to the debug window I can stumble through what I need to get done.
In addition, I seem to have noticed that when I am unable to even communicate with the ND in VS, if I change the target to the emulator and back it connects, every time. It would clearly seem to me that something is going on with the VS plugin.
Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:28 PM Best Answer
For anyone that is curious, I never was able to figure out why my ND never seemed to debug properly in VS2012. I moved my projects to VS2013, and all seems to be well now. Strange, but solved easily enough.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users