I have attached Netduino.IP v1.0.0 firmware (i.e. Netduino Plus 2 v188.8.131.52 firmware).
This network stack is shiny and new. If you run into any issues, please post here and we can address them individually.
Netduino.IP is designed for backwards-compatibility with existing NETMF code. To use Netduino.IP, simply write your code using the standard System.Net.Sockets classes, HttpWebRequest, etc.
This build includes the following features:
- New: ErrorCode-specific SocketExceptions
- New: Configurable receive/send buffer sizes
- New: Configurable receive/send timeouts
- New: TCP MSS support
- TCP sockets
- UDP sockets
- DNS support
- Dynamic IP (DHCP) configuration support
- Static IP configuration support
- ICMP (ping) support
- IPv4 and ARP support
- Link detection support (and NetworkAvailability event)
- ENC28J60 network chip driver
- Retrieval of network configuration from NETMF configuration sector
The main goals for Netduino.IP (for Ethernet) v1.0 are reliability and protocol compliance. As we move forward to Netduino.IP v1.1 and beyond we will focus in on performance enhacements, potential support for additional IP protocols/features, etc.
Thank you for taking the time to help us test out Netduino.IP!
P.S. Netduino.IP source code has been checked into the Netduino repository at GitHub.