Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

SparkFun SerLCD class

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Niels R.

Niels R.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hi,

I am new to the Netduino and have just ordered the LCD that you recommended from sparkfun. I am trying get the code ready to use for when it arrives. I also am a newbie to the C# programing language. I have tried creating the class and the program from your examples. I am getting quite a few erros and I dont know how to correct them. Could you give some pointers on this? Atached is a screen shot of the errors when I try to build the solution.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff.

Did you include the namespace of "my" SerLCD class? If you didn't change the name of the namespace you should add this at the top of your implementation:
using LXIT.Hardware;
If you changed the name of the namespace, change it here accordingly.

Did you do some C# (or even VB.NET) coding yet or is it totally new?

Kind regards,
Niels

#22 Christoc

Christoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBallwin, MO

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for this thread! I was able to get my own display working using the SerLCD backpack. I spent an hour frustratingly trying to get things working, to realize there was a contrast adjustment on the back of the SerLCD. Hopefully that helps the next guy who has this problem, try cranking it up/down to see if that helps your display! Thanks again Niels

View my blog at ChrisHammond.com

Projects: Netduino Tank/Tracked Vehicle, DNNFoos, Random other bits

#23 chevi99

chevi99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

hi I'm developing a similar project but i'm having problems with the sparkfun libraries. where to get the libraries and how to import them.

pls a help will do. thanks

#24 chevi99

chevi99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hi, I am new to the Netduino and have just ordered the LCD that you recommended from sparkfun. I am trying get the code ready to use for when it arrives. I also am a newbie to the C# programing language. I have tried creating the class and the program from your examples. I am getting quite a few erros and I dont know how to correct them. Could you give some pointers on this? Atached is a screen shot of the errors when I try to build the solution. Thanks, Jeffattachicon.gifLCD issues.jpg

jefffff i believe u havent created the SerLCD class yet.pls do well to create the class and remember to save it in the same project. Good luck

#25 chevi99

chevi99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

can u pls give tutorials about the wiring cos i've done the coding with no errors but the serail lcd i purchased wont even turn on. Don't know if it is my wiring which is poor. pls help. thnx

#26 chevi99

chevi99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

folks i just realized it was my wiring. Now everything is working fine. tnx for creating this forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.